Contribute
Register

(CLOVER): Yosi finally with USB on GA-z68x-ud3h-b3

Status
Not open for further replies.
You didn't update the USB installer to 2953 did you? I meant I updated Clover on the HD. If this is the case then just reinstall Clover r2795 (or whatever r27xx you used).

Yes, sure, I tried different versions of Clover on HD, but only 2747 gives me working USB - therefore, did you use some specific usb settings in Clover (Configurator)?

I finally found the solution, so now I am on clover 2976 :)

Anyhow, I would be interested in your settings!

Attachments

• USB.png
    USB.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 2,210
Hi Breiti3000,

first of all thanks for your post, I was really looking for it. I have the same motherboard and 10.9.4 up and running stable. Yesterday I decided to give a try and install Yosemite after that I mounted it on my MBP and I saw how beautiful it is...

So I decided to perform an update from Mavericks as I did on my macbook pro adding the unibeast/multibeast method as specified in one of the Tonymac guide. Unfortunately I had no luck. Like many others reported, the unibeast installation goes just fine but then it goes on kernel panic after the first boot, when it would be time to run multi beast. It seems that the problem is related to 3rd Party SATA kext, and removing it is causing more issues than it solves...

As I am completely new with Clover I would like to ask you some advises.

1. Did you perform an update or a fresh install?
2. I saw that you have F12 bios, do you think that your method will work as well with F10 (the one I have), or do you suggest me to upgrade to F12?
3. I saw that you put the DSDT file in your patched directory, what about the SSDT one? Did you take these files directly from the Extra folder created by Multibeast?
4. Did you use any other kext for audio or video (I guess not, but just to be sure...). And about the ones you mentioned in your original post, did you extract them from the latest version of Multibeast (7.0)?
5. Did you create the SMBIOS tab with the magic wand button or you filled in each single field by hand?
6. Did you add the Drivers64UEFI in your config.plist file as mentioned in the Tonymac guide or you avoided them, as it should be in a real legacy mode?

So far I mounted a USB stick with Yosemite install and Clover (r3033), I went through the install (it was veeeeery slow to reach the installation screen but it succeded) but I didn't dare to proceed. I still don't feel very confortable about it... Moreover I have a DMG back up of my Mavericks boot drive. I understand that if something goes wrong I can roll back to that system (like I did last time), but what if I format and update the MBR with Clover?

Sorry if my questions seem a bit dumb but I need to be a bit more confident in order to proceed...

I hope you can find some time to answer to my question!

Cheers,

munz

Last edited:
I read them already, thanks for the suggestion.

I think you are a bit OT here since we are discussing systems with old AWARD BIOS and not UEFI ones....

Well I don't see anything about Award BIOS in the Topic: "(CLOVER): Yosi finally with USB on GA-z68x-ud3h-b3"
Second, using a BIOS for a EFI System like OSX, while a UEFI is available, seems to me a little bit pointless.
However if you like it this way who am I to oppose?

It is not specified in the title, you are right. But it is mentioned in the second post of the author of this thread. That is why I think you are OT. And moreover my question were mentioning
specifically the AWARD Bios. The reason why I don't want to upgrade to UEFI is not mentioned here, but I will do it now, just to clarify a bit. I own an Apple Cinema Display and there is a known incompatibility between this monitor and the UEFI. Here the reason why I am discussing AWARD, even if it might seem odd to you...

Furthermore, my board uses a classical bios (F12), for which I downloaded the DSDT.aml from the database.
The attached pictures show my settings for the config.plist set with Clover Configurator.
If you do not have a DSDT, then on pic 1 nothing is to be selected!
Since you seem to use the Intel graphics you must inject it accordingly instead of my ATI (pic 3)

I also have the same motherboard I got everything working, but no audio. When I go to Sound in system preferences it shows no devices from my Clover installation. Using UniBeast and MultiBeast the sound works. I used r2747 and Clover Config, but just never could to get the sound to work What worked for the last three upgrades was MultiBeast was ALC889.

Note: I install Yosemite using UniBeast, used Clover for post. My MB again is GA-z68x-ud3h-b3 and if your audio is working, I like to hear from you.

Thank you,
Joe

I also have the same motherboard I got everything working, but no audio. When I go to Sound in system preferences it shows no devices from my Clover installation. Using UniBeast and MultiBeast the sound works. I used r2747 and Clover Config, but just never could to get the sound to work What worked for the last three upgrades was MultiBeast was ALC889.

Note: I install Yosemite using UniBeast, used Clover for post. My MB again is GA-z68x-ud3h-b3 and if your audio is working, I like to hear from you.

Thank you,
Joe

If your audio works with Chimera then it should with Clover. Make sure you have the audio flag set to "1" in Clover configurator and it should fix you right up.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-11-08 11.27.47.png
    Screenshot 2014-11-08 11.27.47.png
    262 KB · Views: 689
If your audio works with Chimera then it should with Clover. Make sure you have the audio flag set to "1" in Clover configurator and it should fix you right up.

Thank you I'll try that tonight. I remember seeing that box but the drop down only had No or Detect. I tried Detect and checked the box resetHDA but it didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back