Contribute
Register

(CLOVER): Yosi finally with USB on GA-z68x-ud3h-b3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you I'll try that tonight. I remember seeing that box but the drop down only had No or Detect. I tried Detect and checked the box resetHDA but it didn't work.

You can manually type the "1" in that dropdown box.

You can manually type the "1" in that dropdown box.

Hi Clipper99, I tried that, with no avail. I've spent hours trying to figure out why my clover install doesn't get audio. I have 2 128GB SSD with Yosemite installed one with UniBeast and MultiBeast which everything works except for iMessage and the other one Clover with mostly working but no audio. If you can think off anything let me know, in the mean time, I"ll keep searching and trying to understand how to patch my AppleHDA.kext, that is if I can fine it:)

Thanks again, you've been a tremendous help.

As long as you have the original untouched AppleHDA.kext file installed you can patch it for clover using toleda's fantastic Clover script here:

https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC/blob/master/audio_cloverALC-100.command.zip

(click on "view raw" and it will download to your download directory)

Unzip it and right click on "audio_cloverALC-100_v1.0.3 4.command", click "open" and simply follow the instructions and this *should* give you audio upon reboot.

If you can't find the unpatched AppleHDA.kext file let me know. I'm running 10.10.1

This short 3 page thread has helped me out more than any other single resource.

I have my system 100% functional now...

I did have a slight advantage over some as I purchased a native Mac Ethernet card so I didn't have to do anything to make that functional. The sound was fixed thanks to the script that is above this message.

The hardest part was to get iMessaging to work, but it wasn't too bad... All done in about 12 hours despite making many mistakes.

Hard to believe this PC/Mobo is 3 1/2 years old and running like lightning with Yosemite (32 gb, i7 2600k, Radeon HD 6870-weak link which I may look at replacing if a much faster card is compatible)

Thanks again all for this thread!

I've managed to install Yosemite 10.10.3 on GA-z68x-ud3h-b3 U1l uefi, however, I've faced with extremely long reboot times (spinning beachball) and long sleep times.

I'm using the most recent clover install and I've extracted my DSDT.aml with the clover boot by hitting the F4. I have not patched it besides the IGP patch I found on another site and put it in the patches/ directory.

Really, I'm not quite sure what patches to apply or where to get them.

I'm using the following kexts
FakeSMC
GenericUSBXHCI
NullCPUPowerManagement
RealtekRTl81xx

Please help...

I've managed to install Yosemite 10.10.3 on GA-z68x-ud3h-b3 U1l uefi, however, I've faced with extremely long reboot times (spinning beachball) and long sleep times.

Boot without caches and check the booting time.

For sleep, check the assertions
Code:
pmset -g assertions

I'm using the most recent clover install and I've extracted my DSDT.aml with the clover boot by hitting the F4. I have not patched it besides the IGP patch I found on another site and put it in the patches/ directory.

Before applying patch have you made it error free DSDT/SSDTs??

Also as you are running with GFX card, why you want IGP Patch??

Remove the DSDT/SSDTs from the folder and check the booting.

Really, I'm not quite sure what patches to apply or where to get them.

You can check in PJALM's desktop patch repo : http://www.pjalm.com/forums/

I'm using the following kexts
FakeSMC
GenericUSBXHCI
NullCPUPowerManagement
RealtekRTl81xx

Please help...

While using CLOVER, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext not required.

Boot without caches and check the booting time.

For sleep, check the assertions

Booting without caches is fast asssuming NullCPUPowerManagement.kext is present. If it is not present it will take 2-3 mins to boot and it will boot into a black screen.

Code:
2015-04-16 12:47:45 -0400
Assertion status system-wide:
   BackgroundTask                 0
   ApplePushServiceTask           0
   UserIsActive                   0
   PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep    0
   PreventSystemSleep             0
   ExternalMedia                  0
   PreventUserIdleSystemSleep     0
   NetworkClientActive            0
Kernel Assertions: 0x4=USB
   id=500  level=255 0x4=USB mod=4/16/15, 12:48 PM description=EHC2 owner=AppleUSBEHCI
   id=501  level=255 0x4=USB mod=4/16/15, 12:48 PM description=EHC1 owner=AppleUSBEHCI

Not sure what to make of the above.

Also as you are running with GFX card, why you want IGP Patch??

Remove the DSDT/SSDTs from the folder and check the booting.

Kind of nice to have three monitors. Remove DSDT booting is fast, again, assuming NullCPUPowerManagement.kext is present.

You can check in PJALM's desktop patch repo : http://www.pjalm.com/forums/

PJALM repo does not have any patches for my motherboard. Only patches I found for my board was on another site, and I get the following errors that I don't know what to do with:

mX0zZSN.png

I am able to make the virgin DSDT.aml error free but it has no effect when it comes to booting if NullCPUPowerManagement.kext is not there.

I also tried the DSDT.aml from here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-guides/65274-success-guide-gigabyte-z68x-ud3h-b3-eufi-6.html from Kris404.

Thoughts?

Code:
2015-04-16 12:47:45 -0400
Assertion status system-wide:
   BackgroundTask                 0
   ApplePushServiceTask           0
   UserIsActive                   0
   PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep    0
   PreventSystemSleep             0
   ExternalMedia                  0
   PreventUserIdleSystemSleep     0
   NetworkClientActive            0
Kernel Assertions: 0x4=USB
   id=500  level=255 0x4=USB mod=4/16/15, 12:48 PM description=EHC2 owner=AppleUSBEHCI
   id=501  level=255 0x4=USB mod=4/16/15, 12:48 PM description=EHC1 owner=AppleUSBEHCI

Not sure what to make of the above.

There is no assertions which can prevent the OS X from sleep. What is happening while trying to put the system into sleep??

Kind of nice to have three monitors. Remove DSDT booting is fast, again, assuming NullCPUPowerManagement.kext is present.

PJALM repo does not have any patches for my motherboard. Only patches I found for my board was on another site, and I get the following errors that I don't know what to do with:

mX0zZSN.png

I am able to make the virgin DSDT.aml error free but it has no effect when it comes to booting if NullCPUPowerManagement.kext is not there.

I also tried the DSDT.aml from here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-guides/65274-success-guide-gigabyte-z68x-ud3h-b3-eufi-6.html from Kris404.

Thoughts?

Regarding DSDT,

Because of what issue you are using it??

You have to always use the DSDT for your BIOS version.

Your motherboard patches may not be available, you have to apply patches as per what issues you are facing.

Post your config.plist file.

Share the output of the below command
Code:
kextstat |grep -y nullcpu

There is no assertions which can prevent the OS X from sleep. What is happening while trying to put the system into sleep??

Sleep is not really the problem. It takes about 20 seconds to sleep, but it's something that I can live with, not a big thing.

The main problem is that reboot seems to hang:

I see the following when I reboot:
Code:
Calling reboot(2) with flags 0x0

And it just sits there.

Regarding DSDT,

Because of what issue you are using it??

You have to always use the DSDT for your BIOS version.

Your motherboard patches may not be available, you have to apply patches as per what issues you are facing.

Only reason I wanted to use DSDT is to get the HD3000 (IGPU) working with my nvidia GTS250. I'm assuming you need a proper DSDT for this and also to get ACPI properly working if you don't use NullCPUPowerManagement, correct?

Post your config.plist file.

Added.

Share the output of the below command
Code:
kextstat |grep -y nullcpu

Code:
14    0 0xffffff7f82714000 0x2000     0x2000     org.tgwbd.driver.NullCPUPowerManagement (1.0.0d2) <7 4 3>

Thanks for the help

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.7 KB · Views: 276
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back