Contribute
Register

Clover wont see the PCIe SSD (NvmExpressDXE Installed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The drive is not detected at all in the BIOS

The only Drives that show up is my Mojave Installer Key
View attachment 401797

• CLOVER can detect and load only a disk, BIOS detects and finds to be working.
  • At this point I have to conclude that
    • the Disk is damaged or
    • the PCIE Adapter is not well inserted or damaged and hence BIOS cannot detect the disk through the adapter
    • or BIOS is Corrupted and cannot function properly.

• To fix the the last possibility, you can try Re-flashing the BIOS with the same BIOS version it currently has [you did not upload the Image of System Tab or Peripherals tab to know more about your BIOS including BIOS Firmware date and version] and then Re-set all the BIOS menu including Year/Month/Date/Time to current as required, to boot macOS.

• CLOVER can detect and load only a disk, BIOS detects and finds to be working.
  • At this point I have to conclude that
    • the Disk is damaged or
    • the PCIE Adapter is not well inserted or damaged and hence BIOS cannot detect the disk through the adapter
    • or BIOS is Corrupted and cannot function properly.

• To fix the the last possibility, you can try Re-flashing the BIOS with the same BIOS version it currently has [you did not upload the Image of System Tab or Peripherals tab to know more about your BIOS including BIOS Firmware date and version] and then Re-set all the BIOS menu including Year/Month/Date/Time to current as required, to boot macOS.
I don't think that's the case as the drive detects perfectly by any operating system. I've even installed both windows and mac os on it, just clover wont see it. I'm really thinking that it might be cause it's SATA Express and not NVMe. Is there SATA express drivers for clover?

I don't think that's the case as the drive detects perfectly by any operating system. I've even installed both windows and mac os on it, just clover wont see it. I'm really thinking that it might be cause it's SATA Express and not NVMe. Is there SATA express drivers for clover?

I've even installed both windows and mac os on it,
  • You have yet to upload a screen shot showing you have a working Windows (whatever version) booting to its desktop and the Device Manager showing this Disk from your PCIE adapter as the Boot disk.
  • You have yet to upload a screen shot of disk attached to the PCIE loading MacOS to its Desktop.
  • How can a Disk that the BIOS cannot detect and display (BiOS being the first Firmware that detects and initializes a device connected to the MoBo) able to hand over control to the Boot loader like Clover (installed on the EFI Partition) or Windows Boot Manager installed on that disk to finally load that particular OS?It makes no sense to me.
  • Your uploaded image DOES not show a SATA cable connecting that PCIE adapter to a SATA Express Port.
  • I did not see a SATA Port on that device. [See an edited image of an M2 PCIe Adapter for two SSDs one SATA and 1 PCIE that will show up in NVMe controller in the BIOS]

Attachments

• 1.QNINE Dual M.2 PCIe Adapter.png
    1.QNINE Dual M.2 PCIe Adapter.png
    667.2 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
  • You have yet to upload a screen shot showing you have a working Windows (whatever version) booting to its desktop and the Device Manager showing this Disk from your PCIE adapter as the Boot disk.
  • You have yet to upload a screen shot of disk attached to the PCIE loading MacOS to its Desktop.
  • How can a Disk that the BIOS cannot detect and display (BiOS being the first Firmware that detects and initializes a device connected to the MoBo) able to hand over control to the Boot loader like Clover (installed on the EFI Partition) or Windows Boot Manager installed on that disk to finally load that particular OS?It makes no sense to me.
  • Your uploaded image DOES not show a SATA cable connecting that PCIE adapter to a SATA Express Port.
  • I did not see a SATA Port on that device. [See an edited image of an M2 PCIe Adapter for two SSDs one SATA and 1 PCIE that will show up in NVMe controller in the BIOS]

as you can see here the drive shows up under maverick which is installed on another SSD

Once more you can see it here from the windows installer

As you an see under mac os it's detected as a sata express drive. You don't need a SATA cable from the card. That's for adapter that sit on the PCIe slot for m.2 sata drives. Not this adaptor

@mushin, did you solve this problem? I have the same adaptor as you and facing the same problem.

me too same problem, is there a solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back