Contribute
Register

Clover update stopped working system

Well, if I can get back to there I will do that. The patcher totally hosed the drive. I was able to get back into the disk0 after locating the drive with my backup clover EFI and got that up. I can boot on that drive and mount the EFI for the disk1 if I can find out what the patcher did to hose and fix it.

Any ideas?
I booted hackintool on disk0 Mojave and looked at what you said. I see an internal on HS11 that is for the controller I guess. I missed the drop down the first time around. I had a couple of more than 15, so since there is 2 and 3 on some of the ports, I took out the 2 and left the 3 for two ports. I checked with a 3 stick and it worked.

exactly, you need to use the drop down option to select usb2/usb3 etc
Here is what it looks like now. I should be able to use the kext i created on Mojave for Sonoma once I get that up.

Any ideas on how I can do that?

1702744668872.png

exactly, you need to use the drop down option to select usb2/usb3 etc
I am installing Sonoma on another drive (Seagate 1Tb external). I was wondering if reinstalling Sonoma on disk1 would wipe everything out, or would it replace the corrupted files and put me back where I was.

I don't know how, but I was able to get the Sonoma on disk1 back up.

Here is what it looks like now. I should be able to use the kext i created on Mojave for Sonoma once I get that up.

Any ideas on how I can do that?

View attachment 576079
ports are not setup correct

usually they are paired, ie for example, HS01 and SS01 would both be set to USB3.0....

Ron you need to use the following when setting the Connector Type for each USB port.
  1. USB2 (0) - only those no the rear I/O plate with a black tang should be set as 'USB2'.
  2. USB3 (3) - Any physical USB3 or virtual USB2 port served from a Blue, Red or Cyan tanged port on the rear I/O should be set as 'USB3' .
  3. USB3 Header (3) - Any USB3 or virtual USB2 port served from a USB3 motherboard header, i.e. case front USB3 ports should be set as 'USB3'.
  4. USB2 Headers (255) - Any USB2 device/port served from a USB2 motherboard header, i.e. case front USB2 ports, Bluetooth header connection, case front card reader etc. should be set as 'Internal', not as USB2.
    • @Feartech disagrees with this opinion on how the Header ports should be configured. He says that any physical USB2 case ports served from a motherboard header should be set a physical USB2 ports, not as internal.
  5. You may have a ITE connection showing, this is an internal port that is part of the motherboard workings, similar to an LED connection. Both of these should be set as 'Internal' (255) if present and part of the 15 x active ports in your USBPorts.kext.
  6. Type-C - These can be problematic to identify correctly, as there are two distinct port types.
    1. Type-c+sw (9) - is usually a Type-C port on the rear I/O, where if you insert a Type-C device a single port will be highlighted. The same port will be highlighted if you remove the device, flip it 180° and reinsert it in the same Type-C connector.
    2. Type-c (10) - is usually a Type-C port on the front case, served from an internal Type-C header. These behave differently in that a different port will be highlighted, if the Type-C device is removed, flipped 180° and reinserted in the same port.
    3. These Type-C ports and headers also serve virtual USB2 ports, the same number of USB2 ports as are discovered for the physical Type-C device. These if active should always be set to match the characteristics of the Type-C connector.
Also as @Feartech said the ports are usually set in pairs so for example, HS01 & SS01 might be two ports from a single physical USB3 connection on the rear I/O plate. Both would need to be set as USB3, to match the physical side of the connector.

Your motherboard contains the following ports and headers:

Chipset+ASMedia® USB 3.1 Gen 2 Controller:
  1. 1 x USB Type-C™ port on the back panel, with USB 3.1 Gen 2 support
  2. 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A port (red) on the back panel
Chipset:
  1. 1 x USB Type-C™ port with USB 3.1 Gen 1 support, available through the internal USB header
  2. 6 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports (4 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB header)
  3. 6 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB headers)
The above tells us that you should have the following ports available if all are discovered correctly.

2 x USB2 physical port
4 x USB2 Internal header ports, if both USB2 motherboard headers are discovered.
7 x USB3 physical ports, if all the ports from the Rear I/O plate and motherboard header are discovered.
7 x USB2 virtual ports, if all the ports from the Rear I/O plate and motherboard header are discovered.
2 x Type-c+sw ports, 1 x physical Type-c and 1 x virtual USB2.
4 x Type-c ports, 2 x physical Type-c and 2 x virtual USB2.

A total of 26 x ports, which is normal for an intel ATX motherboard.

Ron you need to use the following when setting the Connector Type for each USB port.
  1. USB2 (0) - only those no the rear I/O plate with a black tang should be set as 'USB2'.
  2. USB3 (3) - Any physical USB3 or virtual USB2 port served from a Blue, Red or Cyan tanged port on the rear I/O should be set as 'USB3' .
  3. USB3 Header (3) - Any USB3 or virtual USB2 port served from a USB3 motherboard header, i.e. case front USB3 ports should be set as 'USB3'.
  4. USB2 Headers (255) - Any USB2 device/port served from a USB2 motherboard header, i.e. case front USB2 ports, Bluetooth header connection, case front card reader etc. should be set as 'Internal', not as USB2.
    • @Feartech disagrees with this opinion on how the Header ports should be configured. He says that any physical USB2 case ports served from a motherboard header should be set a physical USB2 ports, not as internal.
  5. You may have a ITE connection showing, this is an internal port that is part of the motherboard workings, similar to an LED connection. Both of these should be set as 'Internal' (255) if present and part of the 15 x active ports in your USBPorts.kext.
  6. Type-C - These can be problematic to identify correctly, as there are two distinct port types.
    1. Type-c+sw (9) - is usually a Type-C port on the rear I/O, where if you insert a Type-C device a single port will be highlighted. The same port will be highlighted if you remove the device, flip it 180° and reinsert it in the same Type-C connector.
    2. Type-c (10) - is usually a Type-C port on the front case, served from an internal Type-C header. These behave differently in that a different port will be highlighted, if the Type-C device is removed, flipped 180° and reinserted in the same port.
    3. These Type-C ports and headers also serve virtual USB2 ports, the same number of USB2 ports as are discovered for the physical Type-C device. These if active should always be set to match the characteristics of the Type-C connector.
Also as @Feartech said the ports are usually set in pairs so for example, HS01 & SS01 might be two ports from a single physical USB3 connection on the rear I/O plate. Both would need to be set as USB3, to match the physical side of the connector.

Your motherboard contains the following ports and headers:

Chipset+ASMedia® USB 3.1 Gen 2 Controller:
  1. 1 x USB Type-C™ port on the back panel, with USB 3.1 Gen 2 support
  2. 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A port (red) on the back panel
Chipset:
  1. 1 x USB Type-C™ port with USB 3.1 Gen 1 support, available through the internal USB header
  2. 6 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports (4 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB header)
  3. 6 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB headers)
The above tells us that you should have the following ports available if all are discovered correctly.

2 x USB2 physical port
4 x USB2 Internal header ports, if both USB2 motherboard headers are discovered.
7 x USB3 physical ports, if all the ports from the Rear I/O plate and motherboard header are discovered.
7 x USB2 virtual ports, if all the ports from the Rear I/O plate and motherboard header are discovered.
2 x Type-c+sw ports, 1 x physical Type-c and 1 x virtual USB2.
4 x Type-c ports, 2 x physical Type-c and 2 x virtual USB2.

A total of 26 x ports, which is normal for an intel ATX motherboard.
I will take another shot at it in the morning. This is what is showing up with the USBInjectAll.kext installed and XhciPortLimit=true

HS02 pairs with SS02
HS03 pairs with SS03
HS04 pairs with SS04
HS05 pairs with SS05
HS06 pairs with SS06
HS07 pairs with SS07
HS08 does not show blue with plugged into with 2 or 3 device
HS09 and HS10 are stand alone USB 2

I reset the map to start over.
1702787571600.png

I have not removed or renamed anything from the port list yet.

I had another crash after trying to get the Fenvi wifi working today. I installed the Kexts for the broadcom and could see it once I rebooted (it could not see and SSID's) but when I did the openCore patch, it crashes the system. I had to reinstall Sonoma to get back to where I am.

I am frustrated over not being able to get my WiFi to start work.

Here is what Hackintool sees.
1702787929650.png

I install the IOSkywalkFamily Kexts, install the block as well. Then I change the boot args and disable the SIP. When I reboot, I can turn on the WiFi, but it sees no SSID's. Then the procedure says to do the patch. Then BOOM . Hasta la vista baby.

I will take another shot at it in the morning. This is what is showing up with the USBInjectAll.kext installed and XhciPortLimit=true

HS02 pairs with SS02
HS03 pairs with SS03
HS04 pairs with SS04
HS05 pairs with SS05
HS06 pairs with SS06
HS07 pairs with SS07
HS08 does not show blue with plugged into with 2 or 3 device
HS09 and HS10 are stand alone USB 2

I reset the map to start over.
View attachment 576102
I have not removed or renamed anything from the port list yet.

I had another crash after trying to get the Fenvi wifi working today. I installed the Kexts for the broadcom and could see it once I rebooted (it could not see and SSID's) but when I did the openCore patch, it crashes the system. I had to reinstall Sonoma to get back to where I am.

I am frustrated over not being able to get my WiFi to start work.

Here is what Hackintool sees.
View attachment 576104

I install the IOSkywalkFamily Kexts, install the block as well. Then I change the boot args and disable the SIP. When I reboot, I can turn on the WiFi, but it sees no SSID's. Then the procedure says to do the patch. Then BOOM . Hasta la vista baby.
once you sort out your usb ports, then concentrate on wifi

once you sort out your usb ports, then concentrate on wifi
I don't think that all the ports are being shown.

I am going to boot up in Mohave and get a snaphot as well.

I don't think that all the ports are being shown.

I am going to boot up in Mohave and get a snaphot as well.
looks like your ports are showing fine :)

Back