RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey folks,

I built my hackintosh back in 2019 with clover 418x? and it has been working perfect. In trying to get ready to upgrade from Mohave to Sonoma, I udated my clover from 4xxx to 5156. When I rebooted, there is NO boot drive!

It has been so long since I built the system, I have forgotten alot. Can anyone help on how I can get my boot back?

Hey folks,

I built my hackintosh back in 2019 with clover 418x? and it has been working perfect. In trying to get ready to upgrade from Mohave to Sonoma, I udated my clover from 4xxx to 5156. When I rebooted, there is NO boot drive!

It has been so long since I built the system, I have forgotten alot. Can anyone help on how I can get my boot back?
that is probably because you didn't add in all the new opencore elements into your config.plist
newer versions of clover has opencore mashed into it to make it work

may be worth moving over to opencore instead

That's quite a jump…
What do you mean by "update Clover"? What did you do exactly?
Where's the new EFI folder? Not on your boot drive I hope.

I opened the Clover Configurator and was going through to try and familiarize myself once again with it. It said that the clover EFI needed to be updated so it offered to do it. I clicked on the update button and it said the update was successful. Then it said I needed to reboot to apply the update before I could look at the config file. When I rebooted, It no longer sees the Mohave start up. This is what I see now.

I will still continue with the building of the EFI folder on the USB that contains the Sonoma app on it. I already made a 32 gb bootable USB for the task.

I have installed a 500 Gb SSD as the second drive in the system to be the Sonoma OS drive. The 1 Tb SSD drive that I have been using since building the system in 2017 (I thought it was 2019, but that was wrong) will remain untouched (or so I thought before messing it up).

I plan on using the 500 Gb drive, as a bootable OS drive going forward.

Attachments

• IMG_5659.jpg
    IMG_5659.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Here are snapshots of all the screens.

• Clover Boot Options (The Second from the left)
• Options (The 3rd from the left)
• Shell (The far left)

Attachments

• Clover Boot Options.jpg
    Clover Boot Options.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 10
  • Options.jpg
    Options.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 10
  • Shell.jpg
    Shell.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 9
I opened the Clover Configurator and was going through to try and familiarize myself once again with it. It said that the clover EFI needed to be updated so it offered to do it. I clicked on the update button and it said the update was successful. Then it said I needed to reboot to apply the update before I could look at the config file. When I rebooted, It no longer sees the Mohave start up. This is what I see now.
it won't boot without all those extra entries

use your bootable USB installer to reach the desktop

it won't boot without all those extra entries

use your bootable USB installer to reach the desktop
So the updater obviously bombed the rest routine that has been working since 2017. I do NOT have the original Mojave bootable usb around any more. I am building the one for Sonoma on my MacBook Pro. Do I need to build a Mojave one as well?

Please bear with me, I am in my 60's and although I spent a lot of time in Hi Tech years ago, I have a bit of fog I am working through here.

that is probably because you didn't add in all the new opencore elements into your config.plist
newer versions of clover has opencore mashed into it to make it work

may be worth moving over to opencore instead
Since I am building all the bootable to be on the new 500 Gb drive, that probably is not a bad idea. I have should have no problem accessing the 1 Tb drive after making the 500 bootable with Sonoma. I need to locate a step by step instruction guide or video.

Back