Contribute
Register

Clover update stopped working system

Even if you had disabled the audio device in the bios, once that had been fixed, you were going to have do the following:

You are going to have to be really methodical and try each and every one of these ID's to see if any work for your system.

1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 20, 21, 25, 27, 28, 29, 30, 34, 35, 98, 99, 100

By that I mean you will have to change the alcid=xx boot argument in the config.plist, to try each ID.

After changing the boot argument, you will need to save the config.plist, reboot the system and use the ResetNvramEntry option from the OC boot screen, to ensure that the previous ID has been removed from the system, and only the new ID is used.

Here is a link to the layout-id information for your ALC1220 codec.

This shows that the first few ID's 1-7 are generic/catch all ID's created by Toleda and Mirone, which usually work for most desktop systems.

Those ID's 11 and higher are custom ID's that other users have created for specific systems.

So in your case layout-id 27 & 30 are from similar Z370 Gigabyte systems. I thought one of these would be a good option to try with your system.
Do far, nothing seems to work. I created a new USB stick and use it. I still cannot get the picker to go to the Apple and all the alcid settings has not worked. I did find that the supported codec on the motherboard is ALC892. Do I need a kext or something for this codec?
1702520760553.png

I will get to work on that.
Success‼️

The problem was that the Lilu.kext in the template was version 1.6.2 from 2022‼️ There is NO WAY it was going to work with my build. I ugraded it to 1.6.7 and all came to life‼️

I now have sound and my 4k monitor is also working.

I also updated the WhateverGreen and AppleALC kext files as well.

Problems I still have are:
• WiFi will not activate
• openCore has not made my SSD drive bootable

I will start looking into those issues now.

Even if you had disabled the audio device in the bios, once that had been fixed, you were going to have do the following:

You are going to have to be really methodical and try each and every one of these ID's to see if any work for your system.

1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 20, 21, 25, 27, 28, 29, 30, 34, 35, 98, 99, 100

By that I mean you will have to change the alcid=xx boot argument in the config.plist, to try each ID.

After changing the boot argument, you will need to save the config.plist, reboot the system and use the ResetNvramEntry option from the OC boot screen, to ensure that the previous ID has been removed from the system, and only the new ID is used.

This shows that the first few ID's 1-7 are generic/catch all ID's created by Toleda and Mirone, which usually work for most desktop systems.

Those ID's 11 and higher are custom ID's that other users have created for specific systems.

So in your case layout-id 27 & 30 are from similar Z370 Gigabyte systems. I thought one of these would be a good option to try with your system.
Here is my updated EFI file.

Attachments

• EFI 1.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 3

I want to thank you for all your assistance yesterday. You were a great help!

I have been doing some more reading and I am left with a few things to do yet.

• I need to do a port mapping - still looking for the kext files for this.
• I have a Fenvi board installed for my WiFi and Bluetooth. - My Bluetooth is working but not the WiFi. I see on another thread that someone says something about a "MinKernel" setting of 23.0.0 is needed. I am still trying to see what that is all about. It is in this thread - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fenvi-t919-wifi-back-in-sonoma-with-oclp.326545/page-30
• I need to do the "Post-Install" work with the openCore patcher to make my SSD with Sonoma bootable.
• The picker is still scrolling on my screen instead of hiding behind the apple logo.

Anything you can help me with here? Or if someone else can assist me?

I want to thank you for all your assistance yesterday. You were a great help!

I have been doing some more reading and I am left with a few things to do yet.

• I need to do a port mapping - still looking for the kext files for this.
• I have a Fenvi board installed for my WiFi and Bluetooth. - My Bluetooth is working but not the WiFi. I see on another thread that someone says something about a "MinKernel" setting of 23.0.0 is needed. I am still trying to see what that is all about. It is in this thread - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fenvi-t919-wifi-back-in-sonoma-with-oclp.326545/page-30
• I need to do the "Post-Install" work with the openCore patcher to make my SSD with Sonoma bootable.
• The picker is still scrolling on my screen instead of hiding behind the apple logo.

Anything you can help me with here? Or if someone else can assist me?

If you mean the Verbose text is scrolling across the screen, then that is a simple fix. Just remove the verbose text boot argument '-v' from the config.plist.

To make your SSD bootable, without the need for the USB pen drive, you need to do the following:
  1. Open hackintool and navigate to the Disks tab.
  2. Select the down arrow icon (on the right hand side of the main window) for your SSD macOS drive.
    • Screenshot 2023-12-14 at 16.34.05.png Hackintool > Disks tab, EFI partition icon for macOS drive highlighted
  3. You will be asked to insert your password.
  4. This will mount the EFI partition for your macOS drive on the desktop.
  5. Now select the down arrow icon for your USB pen drive.
  6. This will mount the EFI partition for your USB pen drive on the desktop.
  7. Open the USB EFI, you will see a single folder named EFI.
    • Screenshot 2023-12-14 at 16.39.04.png Example of EFI folder on EFI partition.
  8. Copy the EFI folder from the USB to the macOS EFI partition.
  9. Eject your USB pen drive, you will no longer need it to boot macOS.
  10. Reboot your system.
  11. Enter the BIOS (Del or F2 key)
  12. Change the boot order in your bios so your macOS SSD's UEFI partition is the priority/first boot drive.
  13. Save and boot the system
  14. OpenCore should load and you should be able to boot your system directly from your macOS SSD.

Regarding WiFi issues, make sure the PCIe card is fully seated in the PCIe slot and the backplate isn't bent. If it is this can cause the card to be pulled out of the PCIe slot when the retaining screw is tightened.

If you are running Sonoma, then the Fenvi WiFi (Broadcom chip) won't work without some help. By that I mean applying the OpenCore Legacy Patcher root patches for Broadcom WiFi.

If you are running Ventura or earlier then the Fenvi card should work out of the box, no need for any patches, fixes or kexts. As it is a natively supported Broadcom WiFi card.

The Broadcom Bluetooth will work whichever version of macOS you are running. As long as the card is fully seated in the PCIe slot and the USB cable has been connected to a motherboard USB header. Assuming you have created a custom USBPorts.kext that includes the USB header used by the bluetooth module.

Regarding WiFi issues, make sure the PCIe card is fully seated in the PCIe slot and the backplate isn't bent. If it is this can cause the card to be pulled out of the PCIe slot when the retaining screw is tightened.

If you are running Sonoma, then the Fenvi WiFi (Broadcom chip) won't work without some help. By that I mean applying the OpenCore Legacy Patcher root patches for Broadcom WiFi.

If you are running Ventura or earlier then the Fenvi card should work out of the box, no need for any patches, fixes or kexts. As it is a natively supported Broadcom WiFi card.

The Broadcom Bluetooth will work whichever version of macOS you are running. As long as the card is fully seated in the PCIe slot and the USB cable has been connected to a motherboard USB header. Assuming you have created a custom USBPorts.kext that includes the USB header used by the bluetooth module.
Thank you so much for your help, I am almost there.

• I did locate the -v option and corrected that issue.
• I am running a Fenvi board and the Bluetooth on that board IS working.
• I did create the EFI on the SSD and booting from it, however; I have to move the pointer over to the ssd drive to get it to boot. I cannot locate the option for "LastVolumeBooted" default.

I downloaded the IOSkywalkFamily and Legacy kexts and set the MinKernel to 23.0.0 but it lock up the boot.

Question:

I still have the Mojave OS installed on my 1Tb ssd drive with a corrupted Clover EFI.

Can I create a openCore EFI for that drive and make it boot so as to have a dual boot?

Here is the ScreenShot of my drives now. I noticed that the 1Tb (disk0) is marked as a HFS+
1702656490030.png

@Edhawk

Here is what I tried with the IOSkywalkFamily kexts.

1702656750347.png

1702656703021.png

1702656801951.png

I have commented out the original boot args and created another line for it once I was able to reboot.

Attachments

• 1702656669606.png
    1702656669606.png
    79.5 KB · Views: 1
Back