Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Not sure what happened to my computer, but one day last week it wasn't booting properly. In trying to diagnose the problem, I took turns unplugging my drives. Finally, I reset the CMOS and got Windows working again, but my OS X installation doesn't seem to be an option anymore in my Z97 MX Gaming 5's BIOS.

The OS X drive is working as I can access its contents from Windows via Paragon.

Also, I've tried booting with my clover USB and I can access the installation from the Clover menu. I tried rerunning Multibeast to see if that would bring it back to my boot menu, but it did not.

Also, I have loaded optimized settings in the BIOS.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:
As You have reset Your bios settings, the boot sequence would also changed to default one. Change Your boot sequence setting ( make the disk to boot 1st where clover EFI partition is lying on ) and this will solved the issue.

p.s. I assume You have multiple disks at first place.

Hi, thanks for replying.

My OS X installation isn't an option anywhere in the BIOS anymore. That's what I'm trying to figure out - how to get it back as an option in the boot options without starting from scratch.

Do you still have your install usb?

It happened to me and this is how I fixed it:
Boot into the install usb, and go to the options. There should be 2 of the same icon. Go to the one with Sata in the long string and clone select the option to use it for all entries.

Do you still have your install usb?

It happened to me and this is how I fixed it:
Boot into the install usb, and go to the options. There should be 2 of the same icon. Go to the one with Sata in the long string and clone select the option to use it for all entries.

Sorry, what do you mean "clone select the option to use it for all entries"? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back