Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After going through the mostly EXCELLENT "Dortania's OpenCore Installation Guide" the thorny subject of USB mapping reared its head. Initially, I was under the assumption that all the work I did creating a custom SSDT in Clover was for naught, and I'd again face this tedium.

With that in mind, I patiently and carefully went through the Guide's "Intel USB Mapping" procedure, using the very cool USBMap tool. Alas, after hours of work and ultimate failure (with no indication the tool's custom generated USBMap.kext did anything at all), I held my breath and simply copied my custom SSDT-UIAC.aml file from Clover to OpenCore, and performed the required mods to OpenCore's config.plist to reflect the changes.

Reboot, and VOILA! I ran the USBMap tool to examine my USB schema, and my selected 15 USB ports were enabled, and nothing else, all with the proper port type.

I searched all over looking for the answer to this question without luck, and just bit the bullet. Now I know for sure.

I really like OpenCore. The Dortania guide is well written, however it requires very careful reading - TWICE - as the author suggests. There are a few holes here and there, but if you're able to follow along and be patient, you'll succeed. I created a successful OpenCore EFI in about half a day, and got Big Sur installed pretty much painlessly.

Good luck!

After going through the mostly EXCELLENT "Dortania's OpenCore Installation Guide" the thorny subject of USB mapping reared its head. Initially, I was under the assumption that all the work I did creating a custom SSDT in Clover was for naught, and I'd again face this tedium.

With that in mind, I patiently and carefully went through the Guide's "Intel USB Mapping" procedure, using the very cool USBMap tool. Alas, after hours of work and ultimate failure (with no indication the tool's custom generated USBMap.kext did anything at all), I held my breath and simply copied my custom SSDT-UIAC.aml file from Clover the OpenCore, and performed the required mods to the OpenCore config.plist to reflect the changes.

Reboot, and VOILA! I ran the USBMap tool to examine my USB schema, and my selected 15 USB ports were enabled, and nothing else, all with the proper port type.

I searched all over looking for the answer to this question without luck, and just bit the bullet. Now I know for sure.

I really like OpenCore. The Dortania guide is well written, however it requires very careful reading - TWICE - as the author suggests. There are a few holes here and there, but if you're able to follow along and be patient, you'll succeed. I created a successful OpenCore EFI in about half a day, and got Big Sur installed pretty much painlessly.

Good luck!
this would have also worked:

this would have also worked:
That is one very sweet guide @Feartech. I only wish I had found yours when I did this for Clover. The author of the one I used (who shall remain nameless), had an aversion to writing actual sentences.

With that in mind, I patiently and carefully went through the Guide's "Intel USB Mapping" procedure, using the very cool USBMap tool. Alas, after hours of work and ultimate failure (with no indication the tool's custom generated USBMap.kext did anything at all), I held my breath and simply copied my custom SSDT-UIAC.aml file from Clover to OpenCore, and performed the required mods to OpenCore's config.plist to reflect the changes.

Good luck!
what motherboard did you do this for?

I also have such a motherboard. You can share the EFI folder?
Certainly.

I've also attached my modified SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl with comments so you can modify it if necessary to reflect the USB ports you're using, and recompile it for your own SSDT-UIAC.aml. I've also attached a couple PDF's with USB port numbers indicated.

Of course, you'll need to change the values in config.plist under PlatformInfo>Generic to reflect your OWN MLB, ROM, SystemSerialNumber and SystemUUID. You can grab these values from your existing Clover config.plist

Have fun!

Attachments

• Custom USB SSDT-UIAC.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 251
  • EFI.zip
    9.3 MB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Certainly.

I've also attached my modified SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl with comments so you can modify it if necessary to reflect the USB ports you're using, and recompile it for your own SSDT-UIAC.aml. I've also attached a couple PDF's with USB port numbers indicated.

Of course, you'll need to change the values in config.plist under PlatformInfo>Generic to reflect your OWN MLB, ROM, SystemSerialNumber and SystemUUID. You can grab these values from your existing Clover config.plist

Have fun!
Thanks for the SSDT-UIAC file! Only I don't see your EFI folder. Didn't you attach it?

already appeared) Thank you very much bro!):thumbup:

I will attach my EFI folder, maybe something will be needed from it)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 82
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back