Contribute
Register

[CLOVER] Still waiting on root device

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just tried adding my own SSDT but no luck still. How did you generate it and are you using a DSDT also?

I followed the instructions from this thread as it was a confirmed (Mavericks) build so I assumed it might still need it even tho I could be wrong... I'm still learning the ins and outs but its getting clearer the more I research.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-builds/137114-asus-z97-deluxe-i7-4790k-clover-uefi-onboard-ac-wifi-bluetooth-4-0-secure-drive.html

I downloaded and generated the SSDT using pikes method here: https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh When I first attempted to generate one I had no clue what I was doing so I hopefully this go around it makes more sense to me....

I'll update if I get it running stable..

Whill

@alt

You should replace VBox with HFSP tony said that at the end of the post.

Thanks but I tried that too, without success.

Ok fixed. For the migration thing, it had to do with Kexts from Chimera being present in S/L/E which makes them duplicates for Clover.

For the USB initial boot thing on the other hand I HIGHLY suspect it has to do with my non-supported Maxwell card. Opening up a new thread on this particular issue.

Thank you everyone!

Ok fixed. For the migration thing, it had to do with Kexts from Chimera being present in S/L/E which makes them duplicates for Clover.

For the USB initial boot thing on the other hand I HIGHLY suspect it has to do with my non-supported Maxwell card. Opening up a new thread on this particular issue.

Thank you everyone!

Hi, Altares, when you said that you migrated to Clover, do you mean that you ran a Clover installation over the Yosemite installation by Unibeast?

If that's the case I would also like too try as I was stuck at "Still waiting on root device" when booting from the Clover USB installer but U had Unibeast working. Also please show what duplicate kexts you removed from S/L/E.

I got it running stable just haven't gotten around to testing different audio and Lan solutions as the recommended Lan kext doesn't work for me as it hangs on boot with that ethernet mtu changing 1500 error. I created the ssdt using pikes instructions from erik's successful clover/mavericks build. I'm thinking abt using multi beast to patch the applehda.kext method next chance I get to conclude the post install... I did make an image of the base system so if I mess up I can just wipe the drive and use disk utility to put it back...

Perks of working in IT for a living....

Will anybody please explain a little bit what the config plist files attached to the nice description (http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html) are for (exactly hardware config and explanation what the abbreviation GE stands for)?
I followed the install description but stuck with "waiting for root device"...
I did not try the original standard config.plist coming w/Clover 2999 but would appreciate a minimal minimal config.plist to begin studying in Clover Configurator (I do not have plenty of time) what is needed and what not to get a BIOS MB model w/graphics card up and running.
Cheers!

Running 10.10 with latest clover. did install with Chimera but switched to Clover for iMessage. So far it was been working great.

I'm using OsxAptipFixDrv tho and SSDT for my chipset

Will you please post your config.plist file?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back