Contribute
Register

Clover r5126 Not Compatible with Mojave to Upgrade to Big Sur

Status
Not open for further replies.
great, and you lucked out.
pretty much. I installed clover 5126 on a USB flash drive and did all the tweaking there. Once I saw it was working (booting the installer), I copied the EFI folder from the USB to the hidden EFI folder on my computer. everyhting works except the App store.

"fill out the quirks section" does not mean "blindly copy and paste from config-sample.plist".
Hello Amylowellow !!! ... Ha ha ha ha ha ha ... But ... Tell me ... If you don't have any idea of what you are doing with the "Quirks" ... Don't you think the first step is to copy them and try ??? ... I have no idea on what every "Quirk" does !!!! ... Ha ha ha ha ...

pretty much. I installed clover 5126 on a USB flash drive and did all the tweaking there. Once I saw it was working (booting the installer), I copied the EFI folder from the USB to the hidden EFI folder on my computer. everyhting works except the App store.
Hello G-Man ... Can you give some info on how to make the usb flash drive ??? ... And ... Could you tell me ... What was the tweaking you did ??? ... THKSM

I installed the Clover 5123.1 version ... that one supposedly works !!! ... I installed it because I have tried to install 5126 but makes the same result "Hangs" boot in the Apple sign ... And the problem is that 5126 I think it does not work with Catalina because it doesn't boot when I try to go back !!!

Hello G-Man ... Can you give some info on how to make the usb flash drive ??? ... And ... Could you tell me ... What was the tweaking you did ??? ... THKSM
sure,

Download the clover 5126 apk. (I installed the 5123.1 version first.. dunno if that makes any difference). Install , change the install location of course. Select your USB. I followed the YT tutorial on "how to build the perfect Hackintosh". I have a vanilla install with basically almost the same specs as the iMac 18,2, so no hackintosh kexts in the macOS /Library/Extensions/ folder. This time though, instead of installing the macOS installer (I skipped that part since I already had that this time), I just installed the Bootloader. In the Customize section of the Clover installer, I selected the same options ((meaning the options in the tutorial) plus OpenRuntime). Once the installation was done , I removed the Aptionmemoryfix kext from the kexts on the resulting EFI/CLOVER/kexts folder. I also deleted all the FakeSMC stuff and installed VirtualSMC plus related options (all the sensors except battery). For the quirks I used Clover Configurator to open both my config.plist and the config-sample.plist that comes with the Clover 5126 install, except the patches you have to install separately (SSDT's and such). Those I don't know how to install and I think that's what saved me.

Like I said before , my Hackintosh is almost the same as the iMac 18,2 specs-wise, so maybe those patches are for people with hardware that is more "different" (old CPU's,GPU's, etc.)?? No idea.. :problem:.. anyways .. it's spinning .. Everything works except the App store, but I have faith in my tech-disabilities.. I'm sure one of these days I'll accidentally install or delete something and the App store will come back.

Also, I was listening to metal when Big Sur installer booted.. I was listening to melodic Rock from the 90's when it wasn't working.. so no sad romantic stuff.. go full metal (slipknot, sepoltura, napalm death) (no incubus, nickleback etc.).

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't have any idea of what you are doing <...>... Don't you think the first step is <...> try ???

Absolutely not. I'm pretty sure I'd be dead long time ago if I do that in life.

I installed the Clover 5123.1 version ... that one supposedly works !!! .

Read the very 1st post of this thread.

You might luck out with the copy and paste Quirks + r5126. If not then learn the quirks by reading the OC guide.

I tried, but my reply is being reviewed by a mod for some reason. I also tried to edit it.. but no luck. I'll try to DM you. weird ..

EDIT: I forget.. there's no DMing on this blog. sorry.
Hell G-man ... Anyway THKSM for your suggestion !!! ... I am in the process of making the USB ... Then I will install Clover 5126 into it ... and TRY to figure out which quirks are the good ones for my cpu, mobo, and so on ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back