Contribute
Register

Clover r5126 Not Compatible with Mojave to Upgrade to Big Sur

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same problem, did you resolve? (clover 5126)
Haven't got the time right now... I'll have to do some more reading and it is possibly smarter to switch to open core? Let us know if you get it working

Haven't got the time right now... I'll have to do some more reading and it is possibly smarter to switch to open core? Let us know if you get it working
SOLVED
I resolve the problem without switching to OpenCore, using clover 5126.
I recreate config.plist based on config-sample for clover 5126 (CloverV2.zip GitHub), in particular I add some quirks.
If it not work you can try to turn on also "FixHeader" option but I don't recommend it.

Edit: after some test I understand only a Quirks is needed: "AvoidRuntimeDefrag"

Schermata 2020-11-13 alle 12.24.38.png
Schermata 2020-11-13 alle 12.24.31.png

Last edited:
Ok ... Is it worth the change effort ??? ... I have no idea about on how to install Opencore ... Could you tell me where to find a tutorial or a guide about its installation ??? ... THKSM for your answer ...

I used this, it is pretty much straight forward, very detailed.

SOLVED
I resolve the problem without switching to OpenCore, using clover 5126.
I recreate config.plist based on config-sample for clover 5126 (CloverV2.zip GitHub), in particular I add some quirks.
If it not work you can try to turn on also "FixHeader" option but I don't recommend it.

Edit: after some test I understand only a Quirks is needed: "AvoidRuntimeDefrag"

View attachment 495546View attachment 495547

thank you for posting! I just tried again by adding AvoidRuntimeDefrag in Cloverconfig. That didn't work, I didn't get stuck at apple logo but ended in a reboot cycle. Did you do anything else to the config plist before adding the quirks?
I know i am looking for the quick and lazy solution here but i don't feel like messing around with it too much...
Thanks!

Just looking at the sample config...wow ist like 1175 lines of code where my config ist about 3-400...
Crap that is going to take some work :)

Last edited:
thank you for posting! I just tried again by adding AvoidRuntimeDefrag in Cloverconfig. That didn't work, I didn't get stuck at apple logo but ended in a reboot cycle. Did you do anything else to the config plist before adding the quirks?
I know i am looking for the quick and lazy solution here but i don't feel like messing around with it too much...
Thanks!

Just looking at the sample config...wow ist like 1175 lines of code where my config ist about 3-400...
Crap that is going to take some work :)
I took the sample config ad edited it to make it the same as mine (obiouvlsy I add the quirks) but nothing more! Otherwise, I think Big Sure run bad by clover, I'm trying to pass to OpenCore.

Ok ... Done ... And, now the boot process stops at the Apple Logo sign !!! ... And stays there doing nothing !!! ...
Hello there !!! ... Finally I managed to install Clover 5123.1 and it is working fine in my Catalina 10.15.7 OS !!! ... I have modified my config.plist file to include the "Quirks" ... and I started the Big Sur update !!! ... In the first reboot ... the computer goes into the installation but it NEVER does something beyond the Apple Sign !!! ... It stays there as waiting for something !!! ... As you mentioned ... I rebooted in verbose but I have no idea about what is happening !!! ... Here I include a screen capture of the last screen when it stops ... And ... I also include the actual config.plist which is being use !!! ... I appreciate your time and any help you can give me !!! ... THKSM ...

Attachments

• Screen Capture.jpg
    Screen Capture.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 49
  • config.plist
    8.6 KB · Views: 39
Click install anyway. I always get that message when I update to any version of clover.
Hello there !!! ... Finally I managed to install Clover 5123.1 and it is working fine in my Catalina 10.15.7 OS !!! ... I have modified my config.plist file to include the "Quirks" ... and I started the Big Sur update !!! ... In the first reboot ... the computer goes into the installation but it NEVER does something beyond the Apple Sign !!! ... It stays there as waiting for something !!! ... As you mentioned ... I rebooted in verbose but I have no idea about what is happening !!! ... Here I include a screen capture of the last screen when it stops ... And ... I also include the actual config.plist which is being use !!! ... I appreciate your time and any help you can give me !!! ... THKSM ...

Attachments

• Screen Capture.jpg
    Screen Capture.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 30
  • config.plist
    8.6 KB · Views: 26

You sounded like you simply dived head first and try to install r5126. I don't think you're ready.

Attachments

• Screen Capture.jpg
    Screen Capture.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 38
  • config.plist
    8.6 KB · Views: 29

"fill out the quirks section" does not mean "blindly copy and paste from config-sample.plist".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back