Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
macOS 11.0 Big Sur is now available from the Mac App Store. Anyone who has purchased Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, OS X 10.7 Lion, OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, or has OS X 10.9 Mavericks, OS X 10.10 Yosemite, OS X 10.11 El Capitan, macOS 10.12 Sierra, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, macOS 10.14 Mojave, or macOS 10.15 Catalina installed will be able to upgrade for no cost.

What we know about 11.0.1 so far...
Testing is now underway- this post will be updated. Good luck, and let us know how it goes! Report your results here.

Related:
Update Directly to macOS Big Sur
How to Create a macOS Big Sur Public Beta Installation USB
How to Prepare for Big Sur
macOS Big Sur Does NOT Boot with iMac14,2 System Definition
tonymacx86 Clover Theme (Updated for Big Sur)
Introducing the macOS Big Sur Critter!
Big Sur Desktop Support
Big Sur Desktop Guides
Big Sur Laptop Support
Big Sur Laptop Guides
Apple Announces "3rd Transition" for macOS: From Intel CPUs to Apple Silicon
macOS Big Sur Public Beta is Now Available
Apple Previews macOS 11.0 Big Sur - Available Fall 2020
In this Post ... You write:

"Updated bootloader required for installation. Update to OpenCore 0.6.3 or Clover Release v5.1 r5126."

Ok ... I tried to update the Clover Bootloader to Release 5.1 r5126 !!! ... Everything was going well ... Until ...
Until I received a message which said "That the version r5126 WAS NOT compatible with Catalina 10.15.7 !!! ...
So ... What can I do ??? ... PLEASE HELP !!! ... I appreciate all your time and help !!! ...
P.S. When are we going to have a new version of Multibeast ???

Attachments

• Clover Fail.jpg
    Clover Fail.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

"Updated bootloader required for installation. Update to OpenCore 0.6.3 or Clover Release v5.1 r5126."

Ok ... I tried to update the Clover Bootloader to Release 5.1 r5126 !!! ... Everything was going well ... Until ...
Until I received a message which said "That the version r5126 WAS NOT compatible with Catalina 10.15.7 !!! ...
So ... What can I do ??? ... PLEASE HELP !!! ... I appreciate all your time and help !!! ...

You sounded like you simply dived head first and try to install r5126. I don't think you're ready.

try opencore

Click install anyway. I always get that message when I update to any version of clover.

try opencore
Ok ... Is it worth the change effort ??? ... I have no idea about on how to install Opencore ... Could you tell me where to find a tutorial or a guide about its installation ??? ... THKSM for your answer ...

Click install anyway. I always get that message when I update to any version of clover.
Ok ... I did it ... And, now the boot process stays at the Apple logo and does nothing !!! ... THKSM for your answer ...

Ok ... Done ... And, now the boot process stops at the Apple Logo sign !!! ... And stays there doing nothing !!! ...

Ok ... Is it worth the change effort ??? ... I have no idea about on how to install Opencore ... Could you tell me where to find a tutorial or a guide about its installation ??? ... THKSM for your answer ...
Try this https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/ ➡︎ I am a noob and I took the plunge a month ago after having constant problems with various functionalities in Clover (USB power, sleep, etc.). Went step-by-step according to the guide and made it just fine on Catalina. Then went to update to Big Sur and again, w/o any problems. The systems is actually quicker, boots faster, feels pretty great and better than Clover.

Ok ... I did it ... And, now the boot process stays at the Apple logo and does nothing !!! ... THKSM for your answer ...
Hi. Also updates coming from Mojave After clover install Go 5126. Stuck at Apple Logo After First Reboot please help...
attached verbose boot

Ok did some reading...Clover 5126 with quirks and other options... i guess here is the problem :( did not realize i had to change the config.plist for 5126
image.jpg

Last edited:
Hi. Also updates coming from Mojave After clover install Go 5126. Stuck at Apple Logo After First Reboot please help...
attached verbose boot

Ok did some reading...Clover 5126 with quirks and other options... i guess here is the problem :( did not realize i had to change the config.plist for 5126
View attachment 495508
I have the same problem, did you resolve? (clover 5126)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back