Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock B85M Pro4
CPU
i5-4590
Graphics
HD4600
Hello,

I’ve installed and used Sierra successfully, except for the following: whatever I do, I cannot “see” the Clover that’s installed on my SSD from the boot loader on my USB stick I created in the installation process. Apart from the specs in my profile, I have:

120 GB SSD (Kingston, Sierra is installed here) and a 4 TB HDD (Seagate, NTFS partition).

What I can do:

- mount the EFI partition and see its settings (via Clover Configurator)

What I can’t do:

- see this particular Clover installation from the boot loader on the USB stick

Because I cannot see this Clover (there should be two little logos on the boot loader from the USB stick: the stick itself and the SSD) I cannot install the boot entries and boot directly without the recovery/install USB stick.

What I’m looking for is either one of these solutions: either detect the Clover SSD installation via the USB stick or manage to configure the boot loader entries in another way. El Capitan worked fine using Unibeast/MultiBeast, and I could install the boot entries without problem. Now I’ve done a clean install (wipe) and I cannot install the boot entries because of this.

I cannot also boot directly into Clover on the SSD from my UEFI/BIOS (ie. choose the correct disk) - it just shows an error that it cannot find a boot loader.

You have probably not installed Clover boot-loader on your macOS Sierra SSD [Kingston] yet and that is why you are unable to see that disk with UEFI prefix like the macOS Sierra USB Flash drive which must be showing a UEFI Prefix to it in the BIOS and hence Clover bootable from the USB installer Flash disk.

• Boot using your macOS Sierra USB installer FD.
  • Then boot the macOS Sierra SSD using the Clover boot args used successfully in the USB installer FD for the installation
  • Log on to Sierra Desktop
  • Download and run Multibeast 9.
  • Chosose UEFI, required drivers, Clover boot-loader, and appropriate System Definition from that to your macOSSierra SSD.
  • Reboot once again through USB installer and then log back on to the System.

• Using Clover Configurator , mount EFI partition of your Sierra SSD and import its configuration plist [config.plist] and make sure its ACPI, BOOT, GUI , Rt Variables , SIMBIOS , and System variables sections are appropriately configured for a flawless system.
  • Export config.plist and save to system disk's EFI>Clover.
  • This time you may eject your Sierra USB Installer and
  • Reboot and
  • Then enter Clover boot menu using the Hotkey [like F-12] and
  • choose your macOS Sierra SSD .
  • For the last time make sure you have indeed chosen the Right Clover boot args including -v for text mode boot to identify problems if any during boot.
  • Then boot the System Disk.

Hopefully it should work. Otherwise post with details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back