NVIDIA GeForce GT 610
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi All,
I have successfully installed Mountain Lion and Windows 7 (EFI) on the same 3TB hard drive. Since the Windows partition boots using EFI, I am using Clover as a boot loader. I am currently testing it on a bootable USB flash drive. The problem is when I choose to shutdown Mountain Lion, the system reboots. When I choose restart, it shuts down OS X, but stalls after that until I press the reset button on the tower. Sleep mode is fine however. Anyone know a strategy to fix the restart and shutdown?
Thanks,
Bernie

try to disable wake on lan in bios.

Thanks! Just before I read your post, I had just disabled Wake on LAN in the BIOS and also in the Power settings in Mountain Lion System Preferences. That stopped the shutdown problem, but the restart issue remains. Is there something in the default Clover settings that could cause this? If so, what could it be?

Any other ideas of how to address a restart hang when using Clover with default settings as the bootloader?

Any ideas of how to get correct Clover settings to make the restart function work? :banghead:

What version? Attach config.plist

Here is my config.plist file. Where does Clover tell me what version it is? I see text below in the Clover Installer log file, so maybe it's version 2 release 2061.

Clover EFI installer log - Tue Sep 10 23:23:52 EDT 2013
Installer version: v2 r2061 EFI bootloader

Attachments

• config.plist
    1.6 KB · Views: 217
Here is my config.plist file. Where does Clover tell me what version it is? I see text below in the Clover Installer log file, so maybe it's version 2 release 2061.

Clover EFI installer log - Tue Sep 10 23:23:52 EDT 2013
Installer version: v2 r2061 EFI bootloader

try this one and report.
View attachment config.plist

try this one and report.
View attachment 73261

I replaced the config.plist file in the HFS+ partition's EFI/clover directory. I shut down the system, started the system and chose restart. The OS shut down, the power to the tower stayed on, but the system never rebooted. This is the same as it was doing prior to using your config.plist. Did I use it incorrectly or is there some other reason the system didn't restart?

I replaced the config.plist file in the HFS+ partition's EFI/clover directory. I shut down the system, started the system and chose restart. The OS shut down, the power to the tower stayed on, but the system never rebooted. This is the same as it was doing prior to using your config.plist. Did I use it incorrectly or is there some other reason the system didn't restart?

You have to copy config.plist to FAT32 EFI partition, not HFS+ partition. Mount your EFI partition first.
If the config.plist does not work, install EmuVariableUefi-64.efi to Clover/drivers64UEFI/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back