Contribute
Register

Clover Installed on USB Boot Flash, Mountain Lion Shutdown / Restart Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
... The problem is when I choose to shutdown Mountain Lion, the system reboots. ...

I'm interested in installing using the Clover bootloader, but only if it can support older OS's at least down to OS X.7. Have you had any luck getting your issues with Mountain Lion to work?

I'm interested in installing using the Clover bootloader, but only if it can support older OS's at least down to OS X.7. Have you had any luck getting your issues with Mountain Lion to work?

Clover will support 10.7.0 but your 87 series Haswell hardware and CPU are only supported in 10.8.5 and later versions of OSX. There is no boot loader that will work with 10.8.4 and earlier with a vanilla kernel on Haswell hardware.

Clover will support 10.7.0 but your 87 series Haswell hardware and CPU are only supported in 10.8.5 and later versions of OSX. There is no boot loader that will work with 10.8.4 and earlier with a vanilla kernel on Haswell hardware.

That's a bummer, I didn't realize that. I was hoping to install Lion eventually. At least most of my key apps have been updated for OS X.9 by now, and I can run the rest on my laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back