Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77N-WIFI
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
EVGA GTX 750ti
Clover - Fusion Drive Auto-Boot *Solved*

I followed this guide http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/294035-fusion-drive-easy-step-with-clover-efi/

in order to get a Fusion Drive set up with Clover and I have it successfully running, with the Clover EFI folder copied to the root of the EFI partition on each of my two drives. However, I cant seem to get clover to auto-boot to my "MacintoshHD" partition. I have tried taking the UUID from both disk utility and various ones from the Clover boot logs to no avail... Could someone point me in the right direction?

THanks! :)

Just an FYI to anyone who is having this problem-

I ended up solving it by hitting the spacebar at the Clover boot screen when my desired default drive is selected- it will then show you boot options for that drive.

Look for where it says "Sata(YxY,YxY,YxY)" -the Y's will be replaced by your drives specific values.

Enter this into clover configurator in the default boot volume space. For example I input 'Sata(0x1,0xFFF,0x0)' without the quotes.

My drive now boots automatically.

Hope this helps someone!

Just an FYI to anyone who is having this problem-

I ended up solving it by hitting the spacebar at the Clover boot screen when my desired default drive is selected- it will then show you boot options for that drive.

Look for where it says "Sata(YxY,YxY,YxY)" -the Y's will be replaced by your drives specific values.

Enter this into clover configurator in the default boot volume space. For example I input 'Sata(0x1,0xFFF,0x0)' without the quotes.

My drive now boots automatically.

Hope this helps someone!

The other way to solve this is to remove "DefaultBoot" from Clover config and use Startup Disk in OS X to choose your default drive. This is due to Clover handling things a bit differently since a few months back.

[solved] Clover - Fusion Drive Auto-Boot => This works!!!

The other way to solve this is to remove "DefaultBoot" from Clover config and use Startup Disk in OS X to choose your default drive. This is due to Clover handling things a bit differently since a few months back.

Thank you!!!
Wished we could "up vote" help full posts ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back