Contribute
Register

Clover > full graphics acceleration not working with HD4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've downloaded the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext from the HD4600 Quick Fix post but not sure what (if anything) to do with it.

Put it on desktop and run KextBeast to install to S/L/E or run kext Wizard, drag kext to window and drop it, then install it to S/L/E. repair permissions and rebuild caches with DPCIManager.

Also downloaded and used Toleda's Graphics_intel_hd5k-azul-d-90_patch.command to no effect.
Well of course to no effect - you have not installed the kext in S/L/E from what you say above. How you expect a patch command to work when kext is not where script thinks it should be?

Put it on desktop and run KextBeast to install to S/L/E or run kext Wizard, drag kext to window and drop it, then install it to S/L/E. repair permissions and rebuild caches with DPCIManager.

Well of course to no effect - you have not installed the kext in S/L/E from what you say above. How you expect a patch command to work when kext is not where script thinks it should be?

Ok. Don't do any of these things. They should not be necessary in Clover. I have the HD4600 and the patch is pointless in Clover. Just do injection!

Thanks very much guys. Unfortunately still stuck!

Have tried all those methods so far I think to no success. I installed the combined update to get my original kexts in S/L/E and since then have been modifying my config file. Thankfully my config.plist on my USB works albeit without acceleration so I've been booting into that to make changes. The most common error messages I am now getting are either Hmm.. mismatch sizes 3100 vs 20 and something to do with Audio (can't remember what atm).

In my EFI/EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/10.9 folder I have AppleIntelE1000e, FakeSMC, GPUSensors and realtekALC kexts. I've downloaded the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext from the HD4600 Quick Fix post but not sure what (if anything) to do with it. Also downloaded and used Toleda's Graphics_intel_hd5k-azul-d-90_patch.command to no effect. Need to have a better try again tomorrow! Will post my config again then, might try downloading TonyMacX86's from his guide to work from again as I think it's the one that's working to boot from USB.

Really appreciate all the help! We'll crack this eventually!

Ok. Do not patch *anything* except audio, because it's not necessary. Of course this is my opinion, but why would you modify files and install kexts when using Clover? Just use the Configurator. I've detailed a lot of what I think you should do above. There are people that have gotten the 4770k hd4600 graphics working using just injection. I quoted the person above. You can Google for more information. Here's a quote from one of the TonyMac threads on this issue:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...not-working-after-numerous-workarounds-4.html
Amazing advice, Sir!!! :headbang: )
I was using an old acrylic Apple Cinema Display with ADC.
I tried a samsung FULL-HD TV before when experimenting with MultiBeast, but last time I only was on the Cinema Display.
Now as you wrote it I tried again the TV, and as I was experimenting again with IG-Platforms
<key>ig-platform-id</key>
<string>0x0d220003</string>
and that did the job for me. :thumbup: Switching back to the CinemaDisplay it did not work anymore. So the Apple was to blame :evil:

Are you using DVI or HDMI? Do you have another video card installed?

That string above should work in the Clover Configurator...if it doesn't you're probably doing something wrong, rather than it being the wrong string. It's better to just attempt injection methods first and then move on to installing/patching kexts. I'm not sure, after running the command file (Toleda's Graphics_intel_hd5k-azul-d-90_patch.command) that your video will work properly using ig-platform-id. I'd have to take a look at it to see exactly what it does. The whole reason I suggested the combo update was because you were patching things. I wouldn't worry about audio until you have video working. Audio is an easy fix and I detailed it above.

Here's a quote from The Man himself, Toleda, about HD4600 graphics on the 4770k:
config.plist
/Graphics/Inject/Intel/YES
/Graphics/ig-platfrom-id/0x0300220D

So now you have several ig-platform-ids to try that have been confirmed by several people. Just make sure you inject Intel and use the Configurator (instead of manually editing the plist...which can come later). If you have PCI graphics I would disable them in the bios.

Oh, one more thing: Make sure you're mounting the correct EFI partition - Eject the usb drive before using Clover Configurator. I'm actually not sure if the USB EFI partition gets mounted when using the Configurator, but just in case...

Alright. So I made a little partitioning mistake and had to reinstall Mavericks. I decided to go through the HD4600 steps again, even though I had been using my HD5570 graphics card. It was/is a nightmare. I tried the exact method I used before and I could not get the thing to work. There were a few differences - I bought an Atheros wifi card from Ebay (working in the previous build), I reset my bios settings (then changed them back...I don't think this is what's causing the issues, but who knows) and instead of using the combo update this time, etc. I went straight to 10.9.5.

I think you should probably attempt to contact some more experienced people. The problem is, I've Googled everything I could possibly Google and the damn ig-platform-id thing is just not working anymore. Before it was an easy fix, now I get the typical freeze after the bluetooth line.

So, basically, I'm not exactly sure how accurate my previous posts are because I tried the method again myself and it's not working. The whole thing seems way too finicky. I probably rebooted 50 times with different settings and could not get the HD4600 to work, barring a few times when it went to a gray screen with the mouse pointer (this had the unfortunate effect of encouraging me down the path of trial and error madness). In safe mode it worked, and it also worked (as you said) with the fake id, which is what the USB installer boots from, that is if you used the example config.plists from the Clover/Mavericks install tutorial here.

Another problem is...all of the experienced people (I've read all of Toleda's posts on the matter) tell you it's a matter of simple injection, so I'm not sure what else you could get out of them. Perhaps I'll try to tackle the problem again at a later time. Until then, I don't think I'd worry about the patching of kexts, etc. (like I was suggesting before) because who knows how long it would take to fix it using the Clover ig-platform-id method! Sorry about that.

Alright. So I made a little partitioning mistake and had to reinstall Mavericks. I decided to go through the HD4600 steps again, even though I had been using my HD5570 graphics card. It was/is a nightmare. I tried the exact method I used before and I could not get the thing to work. There were a few differences - I bought an Atheros wifi card from Ebay (working in the previous build), I reset my bios settings (then changed them back...I don't think this is what's causing the issues, but who knows) and instead of using the combo update this time, etc. I went straight to 10.9.5.

I think you should probably attempt to contact some more experienced people. The problem is, I've Googled everything I could possibly Google and the damn ig-platform-id thing is just not working anymore. Before it was an easy fix, now I get the typical freeze after the bluetooth line.

So, basically, I'm not exactly sure how accurate my previous posts are because I tried the method again myself and it's not working. The whole thing seems way too finicky. I probably rebooted 50 times with different settings and could not get the HD4600 to work, barring a few times when it went to a gray screen with the mouse pointer (this had the unfortunate effect of encouraging me down the path of trial and error madness). In safe mode it worked, and it also worked (as you said) with the fake id, which is what the USB installer boots from, that is if you used the example config.plists from the Clover/Mavericks install tutorial here.

Another problem is...all of the experienced people (I've read all of Toleda's posts on the matter) tell you it's a matter of simple injection, so I'm not sure what else you could get out of them. Perhaps I'll try to tackle the problem again at a later time. Until then, I don't think I'd worry about the patching of kexts, etc. (like I was suggesting before) because who knows how long it would take to fix it using the Clover ig-platform-id method! Sorry about that.

Aw no that's a disaster! Are you just using your other graphics card now? I'm seriously tempted just to get a graphics card but need to look at prices. I only tried patching etc because the other methods weren't working for me. Not sure what it is that's making it happen but I'm certainly learning a lot about setting up a hackintosh! The nice thing is I know it all works except graphics which is essentially an easy fix with a card if they're not too expensive and audio which does genuinely seem to be an easy fix as well, just hasn't been as important as graphics so havnt tried with it. Havnt had a chance today as works been crazy and the surf was good! But hoping to work at it again tomorrow. May install the combo update again if that's possible to renew s/l/e and go from there again but I'm pretty sure that won't work, didn't last time. May reinstall mavericks completely but would rather not go down that route!

PS yes using hdmi only and only onboard HD4600 graphics, wouldn't be bothering with it if I had a PCI card!

Aw no that's a disaster! Are you just using your other graphics card now? I'm seriously tempted just to get a graphics card but need to look at prices. I only tried patching etc because the other methods weren't working for me. Not sure what it is that's making it happen but I'm certainly learning a lot about setting up a hackintosh! The nice thing is I know it all works except graphics which is essentially an easy fix with a card if they're not too expensive and audio which does genuinely seem to be an easy fix as well, just hasn't been as important as graphics so havnt tried with it. Havnt had a chance today as works been crazy and the surf was good! But hoping to work at it again tomorrow. May install the combo update again if that's possible to renew s/l/e and go from there again but I'm pretty sure that won't work, didn't last time. May reinstall mavericks completely but would rather not go down that route!

PS yes using hdmi only and only onboard HD4600 graphics, wouldn't be bothering with it if I had a PCI card!

You're using HDMI only? Eek. Not so sure about that. I was using DVI with the HD4600. I got on here to say, though, that with Yosemite the HD4600 works out-of-the-box (using DVI). All that's required in Clover is "inject Intel." I booted the first time and I'm pretty sure I had QE/CI. There wasn't any flickering in Safari and the menubar was transparent.

If you're going to go the Yosemite route...there's a Clover guide on here that's only a few days old but works great with my build and should for yours as well. NOTE: Make sure you know exactly what you need to do with the audio before you mess with it. If you need help I can tell you exactly what I did to get it working. At least copy the S/L/E folder to your desktop before mucking around (about 500mb). If you use the wrong patch you have to reinstall Yosemite! Everything seems more stable with Yosemite, which is the opposite of what I thought would happen. I guess it makes sense...I have a newer computer. Good luck!

Oooh that's good to know! I was holding off upgrading a while to see how everything worked but if it seems to be working well I'll maybe make the plunge into Yosemite soon!

Finally fixed my graphics problem..... with a graphics card! Went for a GT 740, works a charm and is more than enough for what I need as photo editing isn't GPU intensive. May upgrade to Yosemite and see if I can get HD4600 working just to have a completely functioning Hackintosh. I think everything is working apart from that though which is great! Bluetooth can be laggy sometimes and I haven't started with SSDTs yet and suepect that it would help a fair bit. HWSensors don't seem to work either unfortunately for CPU temperature, get all the other data apart from that one! I do love watching the CPU cores all get fired up when I stitch a 30 photo pano, very satisfying! Must have a go at Yosemite later this week or next. Will need to get a full backup before I do though as I don't fancy having to go through all this again!

Thanks for the update and help!

Same problem here, can't get the full HD4600 acceleration in OSX 10.9.5 (clover bootloader).
My system boots correctly to desktop but system information shows 7mo graphics memory.
I tried all the above.

Any help would be appreciated!

Intel HD Graphics 4600 :

Jeu de composants : Intel HD Graphics 4600
Type : Processeur graphique (GPU)
Bus : Intégré
VRAM (totale) : 7 Mo
VRAM (dynamique, max.) : 10
Fournisseur : Intel (0x8086)
Identifiant du périphérique : 0x0412
Identifiant de révision : 0x0006
Informations sur l’extension du noyau : Aucune kext n’est chargée
Moniteurs :
Moniteur :
Résolution : 1920 x 1080
Profondeur de pixels : Couleurs 32 bits (ARGB8888)
Moniteur principal : Oui
Miroir : Désactivé
Connecté : Oui

Same problem here, can't get the full HD4600 acceleration in OSX 10.9.5 (clover bootloader).
My system boots correctly to desktop but system information shows 7mo graphics memory.
I tried all the above.

Any help would be appreciated!

Intel HD Graphics 4600 :

Jeu de composants : Intel HD Graphics 4600
Type : Processeur graphique (GPU)
Bus : Intégré
VRAM (totale) : 7 Mo
VRAM (dynamique, max.) : 10
Fournisseur : Intel (0x8086)
Identifiant du périphérique : 0x0412
Identifiant de révision : 0x0006
Informations sur l’extension du noyau : Aucune kext n’est chargée
Moniteurs :
Moniteur :
Résolution : 1920 x 1080
Profondeur de pixels : Couleurs 32 bits (ARGB8888)
Moniteur principal : Oui
Miroir : Désactivé
Connecté : Oui

Requires valid AAPL,ig-platform-id injection.

Requires valid AAPL,ig-platform-id injection.

AAPL ? Could you explain please ?

Mine is 0x0a260006 for the moment (with "inject intel" checked), but I've tried many others! My cpu is a i5-4570

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back