Contribute
Register

Clover error while scanning entries, system halted (FIXED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok heres another one for you guys.

Adobe Bridge 2019 runs fine but I never could run 2020 nor 2021. Icon bounces a few times in dock then dissapears, no crash report, nothing. Contacted Adobe but they wanted to take control of my rig which obviously is out of the question for security reasons and well, it’s osx86 :/
Now when trying to boot via the usb clover (latest) with the only modification being whatevergreen and lilu to avoid black screen Bridge 2021 runs!
Obviously it throws an error for config file and it skips most of it but still Catalina loads and Adobe Bridge works! I have no internet but this can’t be it right? I have a subscription btw and tried just about everything without result. All other Adobe apps work.
So why is it that Bridge now runs with the latest vanilla clover via USB but not with my system specific clover setup on main drive?
The clover vanilla (USB) seems to use imac 14,2 while I use macpro 1,1.
I have no idea what could be causing this but this made me very curious!
you have 2 different configs

one works and one doesn't

you would have to test, trial and error to see what is causing the issue, could be just an easy thing as different smbios :)

So a different smbios could cause only Bridge to crash while other Adobe apps (along all my other apps) run fine?
I know from the past changing SMbios can mess up icloud etc… but as long as I don’t forget to turn off network and logout of icloud before changing I guess I will be fine.

So a different smbios could cause only Bridge to crash while other Adobe apps (along all my other apps) run fine?
I know from the past changing SMbios can mess up icloud etc… but as long as I don’t forget to turn off network and logout of icloud before changing I guess I will be fine.
changing smbios will mess up your icloud account

could have an impact on software, it will be a trial and error on your part though :)

Rgr thanks for the help and suggestions bro!

I managed to get the latest clover working but it posts the following message at boot and when running CloverConfigPlistValidator via terminal:
BiosVersion 'IMP11.88Z.F000.B00.2003070211' is before than default ('IMP11.88Z.F000.B00.2107050205') -> ignored. Dict '/SMBIOS:259'.
Any idea how to fix this?

I managed to get the latest clover working but it posts the following message at boot and when running CloverConfigPlistValidator via terminal:

Any idea how to fix this?
Its SMBIOS iMac Pro maybe you have dual serials, UUID etc.

Will have a look at that, thanks!
I noticed Clover Configurator said I need to update my SMBIOS info so this might be the reason.
Im using macpro1,1 but forgot why. Probably had to do with black screen issues. Before I always used imac14,2 or macpro6,1 (as far as I can remember)

Last edited:
Its SMBIOS iMac Pro maybe you have dual serials, UUID etc.
In my SMBIOS the 3rd to 12th characters differ from Board Serial Number and Serial Number. I've set the Board Serial Number first 12 characters the same as the Serial Number but no luck, I still get that message. Maybe it requires a refresh or something, no idea. Could this be the cause?
Also I forgot to logout iCloud before changing serial so it got messed up but all is well again.

In my SMBIOS the 3rd to 12th characters differ from Board Serial Number and Serial Number. I've set the Board Serial Number first 12 characters the same as the Serial Number but no luck, I still get that message. Maybe it requires a refresh or something, no idea. Could this be the cause?
Also I forgot to logout iCloud before changing serial so it got messed up but all is well again.
This is what it is referring to :

Screenshot 2021-10-08 at 15.12.51.png

Messing with your Serial number / Board Serial Number is not going to help.

Update the firmware information in the SMBIOS section of your config.plist.
Updating Clover may work as it will use the latest firmware information for you.

This is what it is referring to :

View attachment 530421

Messing with your Serial number / Board Serial Number is not going to help.

Update the firmware information in the SMBIOS section of your config.plist.
Updating Clover may work as it will use the latest firmware information for you.
Oh yeah I know what it was referring to mate, I just didn't find a similar setting somewhere that related to the other number clover is referring to so went to check those other serials and noticed they were different.

There is a checkmark (currently unchecked) that says Update Firmware Only. On the left of this there is a warning that says "Your SMBIOS needs to be updated" but what exactly is it that Im supposed to do here?
Check the Update Firmware Only option and then choose another model in the list?

UPDATE: I did just that and the message has disappeared and a few settings were adjusted. I'll try booting now, brb.

It's using the latest clover but mind you this is still the Windows created clover USB drive where I just extracted the clover iso to the drive which now holds 3 folders: EFI, Library and usr.
This might not be the best way to use the bootloader but it seems to work anyway so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back