Contribute
Register

Clover EFI folder help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somewhere Clover Installer is getting info from the previous install or looking at current config, that's where my boot folder is coming from. When you choose customize in the installer you see it has already picked up current config and unless you make changes it installs the current working config. I'm thinking I don't want to change what already works well.

Test:

If I manually remove the boot folder the machine boots fine providing that at the boot menu I select "Clover Boot Options" and add to boot menu. (which has always been hit or miss for me since ver.896) That adds the boot entry to the bios and points it to EFI/Clover/Cloverx64.efi as intended. But by default the UEFI bios looks for EFI/Boot/Bootx64.efi. The Cloverx64.efi and Bootx64.efi are the same file so if the Boot folder exist with Bootx64.efi in it, there is no need to add Clover to boot menu. I'd rather not bother with adding it and just point the bios to the UEFI:boot drive.

Installed several times and there is no EFI/Boot Folder. If convenient, attach your Clover-1979 installer or binaries.
Once I add Clover to boot menu and running without the EFI/Boot Folder, upgrading Clover no longer creates the Boot folder.

Once I add Clover to boot menu and running without the EFI/Boot Folder, upgrading Clover no longer creates the Boot folder.
Thanks. I tried your Z87 config.plist as is, no change. You've convinced me the problem is mine, on both (z77 an z87) systems.

Thanks. I tried your Z87 config.plist as is, no change. You've convinced me the problem is mine, on both (z77 an z87) systems.
I'm really interested in the Z87 mini board for another build. Please update your success with it and Clover as your testing continues. Also, if the problem is in fact yours, that speaks volumes to Clover being "Ready for Prime Time"...

I'm really interested in the Z87 mini board for another build. Please update your success with it and Clover as your testing continues. Also, if the problem is in fact yours, that speaks volumes to Clover being "Ready for Prime Time"...
Recall the OP describes the same problem. Understand when Clover cannot load config.plist/DSDT/SSDT, it only useful for UEFI/safe boot. Until this problem is solved, I don't believe Clover is RPT.

To summarize, I made more Haswell progress in two days not using it than the last two weeks of trying to make it work.

No disrespect intended with the above comments. Thanks again for your knowledge and expertise on this topic.

Confused, let me test a clean install again on Z77 and will get back...

Update:

I grabbed a new USB drive and formatted it GUID and named it Install (Using my Z87 box). I then launched 1979 installer, pointed it to Install and ran it with these basic settings:

Screen Shot 2013-08-26 at 11.35.54 PM.png

I then took the new USB to the Z77 box, booted to it and all was fine.

I mounted the existing SSD EFI folder on this box and removed the EFI folder. I then mounted the USB/EFI partition and copied the EFI folder to the desktop.

I rebooted to the USB and mounted the SSD "empty" EFI partition, then copied the USB EFI folder to it. Rebooted to the SSD and it booted fine.

I then copied my trusted config.plist to the EFI folder (nothing special here), added my theme folder and the box booted fine. To test I made multiple changes to config.plist and rebooted multiple times, all changes took effect properly..

Now I have again a fresh clean Clover 1979 install on the Z77 box and all is fine... I'm almost embarrassed to post this as I'm well aware you have forgotten more 'bout OS X then I'll ever know... Yet I'll test anything to see what's going on here.

Notes:

All of my boxes are using GOP flashed video, running CMS disabled and UEFI boot only.
EFI/BOOT folder continues to be created.
I don't screw around with any OEM folders in Clover, can't see the point.
Boot times are incredibility fast and OS X is very stable and extremely responsive.

If necessary I can test OEM config if it's important to someone.

OT... This has nothing to do with Clover. Start a new thread if you want to build/patch your own bios.

OT... This has nothing to do with Clover. Start a new thread if you want to build/patch your own bios.

Agree this its not about Clover anymore its a mix thread about Z77X-UD5H..

OT
We cannot start a thread about bios modding here at tm,at least not one that have names of company that makes those bios possible soo its best not to even start this here in my opinion.

But ff someone wanna start it dont use any of company names.
I can help with new thread and upload files here soo if anyone wanna start with some nice guide about great new alternate bootloader ozmosis do it soo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back