Contribute
Register

Clover EFI folder help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Run installer and uncheck prepane and scripts. Or manually find in /private/etc/. (rc.shutdown rc.boot). Haven't had the problem with Z87... View attachment Z87.config.plist

Haven't had the problem with Z87...
Thanks. Same problem with 1979/Z87I-Deluxe with one exception; default sysdef is macpro3,1. Clover ignores files in EFI/Clover, EFI/Clover/OEM, EFI/Clover/OEM/Z87I-Deluxe and EFI/Clover/OEM/Z87I-Deluxe/UEFI.

Thanks. Same problem with 1979/Z87I-Deluxe with one exception; default sysdef is macpro3,1. Clover ignores files in EFI/Clover, EFI/Clover/OEM, EFI/Clover/OEM/Z87I-Deluxe and EFI/Clover/OEM/Z87I-Deluxe/UEFI.
Same thing with macpro3,1, these guys haven't worked any thing related to Z87 or Mav. I just add smbios to config.

Also I don't load anything from OEM folder, never made sense to me unless I was building a particular profile for a machine specific usb installer. My EFI/Clover folder structure looks like this:

Clover Folder.png

EDIT: On the Z87 Clover 1979 is clearly reading config. I just made changes to RtVariables, SMBios, and GUI. Removed nvram, rebuilt cache, and rebooted and changes loaded fine.

EDIT: On the Z87 Clover 1979 is clearly reading config. I just made changes to RtVariables, SMBios, and GUI. Removed nvram, rebuilt cache, and rebooted and changes loaded fine.
Very helpful. In a fresh install of 1979, EFI/Boot is gone. I need OsxLowMemDrv-64 even though is is not recommended with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi (memory allocation error before boot). Have you tried HD4600 graphics?

No I haven't, been running GTX 760. Not easy to test the 4600 as I use dual link dvi on a 2560x1440 monitor. Might have a dp cable around, if so I'll check it out for giggles.

Also, did a clean 1979 install and EFI/Boot was created. Not understanding this...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-08-23 at 10.06.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-08-23 at 10.06.57 PM.png
    37.7 KB · Views: 233
Doesn't show on my system:
Hmmm, I'll have to check into this. I know if I remove the boot folder the box wouldn't boot. Guess this gives me a project. LOL

Hmmm, I'll have to check into this. I know if I remove the boot folder the box wouldn't boot. Guess this gives me a project. LOL
Another project, make a Clover-1979 USB (GUID/HFS) and confirm config.plist loads. I plan to test the opposite case, installing Clover 1979 on the HD and see if it loads config.plist (solves my current problem). The hypothesis is the Clover/USB install is broken.

Another project, make a Clover-1979 USB (GUID/HFS) and confirm config.plist loads. I plan to test the opposite case, installing Clover 1979 on the HD and see if it loads config.plist (solves my current problem). The hypothesis is the Clover/USB install is broken.
Formatted USB as GUID, created EFI partition, installed 1979 and it worked fine. Modified config a few diff times and rebooted and all was good, clearly reading config.plist. Interesting though is that the install still created a Boot folder under EFI.

"The hypothesis is the Clover/USB install is broken."
Not really sure what this means, don't think Clover knows or cares what media it's installing to.

Interesting though is that the install still created a Boot folder under EFI.
Installed several times and there is no EFI/Boot Folder. If convenient, attach your Clover-1979 installer or binaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back