Contribute
Register

Clover Booting Guide: Z77X-UD5H- HD4000+GT640

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asus P8H77-I Deluxe/UEFI 0902/Clover 1597/HD4000
CSM disabled/CsmVideoDxe-64.efi installed, working
1. HD4000/DP/1440P/refit.conf=2560x1440: multiple desktops across top 1/3 of display, hot plug results in black screen
2. HD4000/HDMI/1080p/refit.conf=19200x1080: 16 desktops across top 1/3 of display, hot plug gets 1080P Desktop, DP hot plug gets 1440p Desktop.

preboot.log
Code:
0:100  0:100  MemLog inited, TSC freq: 3510792680
0:100  0:000  
0:100  0:000  Starting rEFIt rev 1597 on American Megatrends EFI

0:158  0:000  Video driver loaded: disconnect Successdisconnect Success

1:263  0:000  SetScreenResolution: 1024x768 - already set
Display does not support 768p resolution

Next steps:
1. Enable CSM/Remove CsmVideoDxe-64.efi
2. Update Clover
3. Update BIOS/Intel VGA

Suggestions?
Can u just try to replace your discrete vga and try with GeForce GT 640 that u have in signature (if this one have UEFI GOP bios) ?
remove CsmVideoDxe-64.efi and disable CSM.
Plz try like this .

Can u just try to replace your discrete vga and try with GeForce GT 640 that u have in signature (if this one have UEFI GOP bios) ?
remove CsmVideoDxe-64.efi and disable CSM.
Plz try like this .
remove CsmVideoDxe-64.efi and disable CSM > worked, Apple logo boot screen at 1440p, Desktop pops out.
Code:
[COLOR=#3E3E3E]
[/COLOR]0:366  0:000  SetMaxResolution: found best mode 0: 2560x1440 - set
[COLOR=#3E3E3E]
[/COLOR]1:581  0:000  SetScreenResolution: 2560x1440 - already set[COLOR=#3E3E3E]
[/COLOR]

I have requested the UEFI GOP firmware update for the GT 640, however, the fine print says once updated, only works in UEFI.

The interesting part is the older BIOS without CSM (without
CsmVideoDxe-64.efi) did not work on Clover_v1597. The current BIOS with CSM disabled (without CsmVideoDxe-64.efi) does work on Clover_v1597; suggests the minimum Intel VGA must be IGFX Intel GOP Driver 3.0.15.1016 DP 2. Thanks for the suggestion and the great support you bring to this topic.

remove CsmVideoDxe-64.efi and disable CSM > worked, Apple logo boot screen at 1440p, Desktop pops out.
Code:
[COLOR=#3E3E3E]
[/COLOR]0:366  0:000  SetMaxResolution: found best mode 0: 2560x1440 - set
[COLOR=#3E3E3E]
[/COLOR]1:581  0:000  SetScreenResolution: 2560x1440 - already set[COLOR=#3E3E3E]
[/COLOR]

I have requested the UEFI GOP firmware update for the GT 640, however, the fine print says once updated, only works in UEFI.

The interesting part is the older BIOS without CSM (without
CsmVideoDxe-64.efi) did not work on Clover_v1597. The current BIOS with CSM disabled (without CsmVideoDxe-64.efi) does work on Clover_v1597; suggests the minimum Intel VGA must be IGFX Intel GOP Driver 3.0.15.1016 DP 2. Thanks for the suggestion and the great support you bring to this topic.
Great news!
Dont know what brand od GT 640 u are using but we can always flash back GPU to legacy if required for some reason.
I wass thinking that all uses hybrid legacy + UEFI GOP bioses, didnt know that some manufactures are giving support like only UEFI bios for vga...
I try to find how to do same for me.

Now when u disable CSM can u plz check your console if u have firewire spam about no valid GUID,ofcourse if u have build in firewire.
Thx.

Great news!
Dont know what brand od GT 640 u are using but we can always flash back GPU to legacy if required for some reason.

Now when u disable CSM can u plz check your console if u have firewire spam about no valid GUID,ofcourse if u have build in firewire.
Thx.
I have an EVGA GT 640, no hybrid BIOS. No Firewire on my motherboard.

Hi, Toleda!

I think that i accidentally hit some potentially useful information about the problem we're experiencing with our HD 4000 when booting in UEFI mode. I just bought a bigger HDD and decided to use it as the system disk. Used good old CCC to clone my current installation to it, then applied a relatively newer Chameleon revision (having decided to let Clover aside for a while, given the HD 4000 woes). Used a package from Enoch branch, rev. 2170, if i'm not wrong, and installed only the bootloader.

After the disk was ready, i swapped it with the older one, using the very same SATA port, and started the machine. All appeared to go fine with the verbose boot, but when the process was finished, how surprising!, i came to the same sixteen desktops in the upper third of the monitor that were the source of all my (our) pain with UEFI mode. I got really bugged by it, because i didn't - for sure - install Clover on the new HDD.

Then i found the cause: taking a look at the Extra folder, i realized installing only the bootloader with the Enoch package had changed the folder's content, messing with both the boot.plist and the smBIOS.plist, and wiping out the DSDT i was using (for using the HD 4000 together with two extra nVidia discrete cards). Replacing this "broken" Extra folder with the one from the original HDD solved the issue and let me asking: perhaps UEFI mode is either reading incorrectly our DSDTs and plists, or even ignoring them altogether?

All the best!

P.S.: when using the 640 GT, can you also use the HD 4000 the same way you'd be able to use the 640 GT when the HD 4000 is set as primary?

Evening folks, I have recently moved over to the Z77X-UD5H (Rev. 1.1 BIOS v14) and (For now) the i7-2600K HD3000 CPU.

I have just read this thread and hopefully I can ask for help as I am quickly running out of talent!

xpamamadeus was good enough to send me a link to his guide and files but I am really struggling to get it working completely and consistently, possibly due to our different CPU's?

I currently don't have a discreet GPU installed as I only have a GTX285 and I don't think I can use UEFI with that installed?

I would ideally like to get HDMI audio enabled too and have been trying (without success!) to implement the amazing work by toleda into my virgin DSDT that I dumped with Clover, I can get the onboard audio working ok but nothing out of the HDMI (Tested into my Onkyo AMP & Panasonic TV).

While I attempt to get my head round all this does anyone have any help or advice they can offer me to prevent any premature hair loss!!!

All appeared to go fine with the verbose boot, but when the process was finished, how surprising!, i came to the same sixteen desktops in the upper third of the monitor that were the source of all my (our) pain with UEFI mode.
Interesting problem. You lost GraphicsMode=native display resolution in org.chameleon.Boot.plist. I get the multiple displays problem in Chameleon when switching from DP/1440p to HDMI/1080p and back without changing GraphicsMode first. For my system to get to the Desktop successfully, the boot display (Apple logo, very small) must be the native display resolution. The HD4000/Clover UEFI problem was caused by the Intel VGA drivers in the older BIOS not supporting 1440p and 1080p. Even though my system works with CSM disabled, it requires the new BIOS with the CSM option to get the updated Intel VGA drivers.

I have native display resolution with the CloverGUI on the HD4000 (using ScreenResolution 2560x1440). As well, I have the same HD4000/GTX 570 HD graphics capabilities (both fully enabled and AirPlay Mirroring) as Chameleon provided in 10.8.3. Note, EVGA says there will not be a 570 UEFI BIOS. Regarding GT 640 UEFI, I will start testing soon.

Evening folks, I have recently moved over to the Z77X-UD5H (Rev. 1.1 BIOS v14) and (For now) the i7-2600K HD3000 CPU.

I have just read this thread and hopefully I can ask for help as I am quickly running out of talent!

xpamamadeus was good enough to send me a link to his guide and files but I am really struggling to get it working completely and consistently, possibly due to our different CPU's?

I currently don't have a discreet GPU installed as I only have a GTX285 and I don't think I can use UEFI with that installed?

I would ideally like to get HDMI audio enabled too and have been trying (without success!) to implement the amazing work by toleda into my virgin DSDT that I dumped with Clover, I can get the onboard audio working ok but nothing out of the HDMI (Tested into my Onkyo AMP & Panasonic TV).

While I attempt to get my head round all this does anyone have any help or advice they can offer me to prevent any premature hair loss!!!
Sry my mistake about your CPU/GPU,i wass thinking that u have same as i but u have sandy bridge.
Your dsdt must use diferent patch from toleda DSDT patch repo.
i am using this "HD4000/7 Series MB dsdt edits" u must use hd 3000/7 series patch.
Check here http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/89727-maciasl-patch-repository-thread.html to get patches.

I make some changes to Atheros kext for display right model for our board.
Its just cosmetic no other changes are made.
View attachment ALXEthernet.kext.zip

before

yLCBCEN.png

and now

2G3kWrq.png

no more ALX ethernet driver!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back