Contribute
Register

Clover boot menu cannot use mouse/keyboard from USB boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Apologies for not coming back sooner.
Busy week.
I am going to work on each of these problems separately as it can get confusing working on them in the same post.

Here is the clover folder from my os that is not booting anymore and an image of the boot in verbose mode.
Any ideas on how to fix? Is there a simple solution to the attached.

I think what happened was I updated clover and never bothered to check if it edited my config.plist. Which it must of, now I need to replace my new bad config.plist.
How do I create a config.plist from scratch and what to put in it? I should of backed it up.

This the reason I was trying to use the USB install. Was to boot into the reinstall and then use multi beast on my not working OS to redo my config.plist. Would this work?

If I got over the problems I am having above with the install USB. Which I will start looking into now. Using the post linked to above.

Any thoughts ideas on how to fix problems attached or should I continue to try fix the install USB issues and use Multibeast to fix my config.plist.

Thanks again for all your help.

Attachments

• CLOVER_OS.zip
    12.6 MB · Views: 31
  • failedBoot_os.png
    failedBoot_os.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 30
The Clover folder you attached above would best be described as 'Lacking' anything remotely favourable for a Haswell Z87/i7-4770K/Nvidia hack. I have a very similar Haswell build, iMac6 in my signature, so I know what I am talking about.

The screenshot above showing the kernel panic is typical for a macOS Catalina installation that lacks the necessary SSDT's and config.plist edits/patches to boot Catalina using Clover.

Looking through the logs within the /CLOVER/misc folder it is apparent that your boot process is somewhat skewed, taking around 77 seconds to complete. Normal boot time would be between 2 & 10 seconds.

The bootloader appears to be injecting some unnecessary kexts:
  • Kexts for Broadcom WiFi devices, when yours is an Atheros WiFi card (IO80211Family.kext plugins)
  • Kext for an Intel Ethernet port (AppleIntelE1000e.kext), when yours is a Realtek Ethernet port.
Other issues include but are not restricted to the following:
  1. You haven't included USBInjectAll.kext in your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder as previously instructed.
  2. You haven't included any of the USB controller ACPI rename patches in your config.plist, as previously instructed.
  3. You appear to be using an Nvidia Boot argument (probably in your NVRAM setup) that enables the Nvidia Web Drivers, which your natively supported Kepler card doesn't need. The Web drivers are not available for Mojave, Catalina or Big Sur.
  4. You have way too many disk drives connected to your system while troubleshooting your boot issues. You should only have the main macOS drive attached will trying to get the system back up and running.
  5. Most if not all Haswell Hacks require SSDT-EC.aml, SSDT-PLUG.aml and SSDT-HPET.aml to be present in the /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder in order to be able to boot macOS Catalina. The SSDT-HPET.aml also requires a few additional Clover config.plist patches to work.
  6. Calling your config.plist 'minimalist' would be me being kind. It lacks so many common patches, fixes and settings for running macOS on a Haswell system, I wouldn't know where to start listing them.
Below are a pair of screenshots. The one on the left shows the contents of your CLOVER_OS folder (with a number of the logs from the misc folder removed). The one on the right shows the contents of my old CLOVER folder for my Z87MX/i5-4440/Nvidia Hack.

Screenshot 2021-06-27 at 17.51.36.png Screenshot 2021-06-27 at 17.52.29.png

As you can see there are quite a few significant additions to my old CLOVER folder compared to your current one. This is without looking in the config.plist of either folder.

Editing my CLOVER folder to suit your system would be easy. It would just require the removal of the SSDT-UIAC.aml (as it is based on my USB port configuration) and three kexts from the CLOVER/kexts/Other folder - AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext (for Marvell SATA controller), AirportBrcmFixup.kext (for Broadcom WiFi fixes) and IntelMausiEthernet.kext (for my Intel Ethernet port).

Screenshot 2021-06-27 at 18.00.39.png My CLOVER folder revised to work with your setup.

Other than the addition of the SSDT's to the /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder the major changes would all be within the config.plist, as yours is so bare and lacking.

Below is a side by side comparison of your config settings (left hand image) and my config settings (right hand image), as seen in Clover Configurator:

Screenshot 2021-06-27 at 18.11.42.png Screenshot 2021-06-27 at 18.11.54.png
ACPI > DSDT 1 - additional rename patches, CPU PM and ACPI fixes

Screenshot 2021-06-27 at 18.12.20.png Screenshot 2021-06-27 at 18.12.30.png
ACPI > DSDT 2 - additional ACPI fixes

Screenshot 2021-06-27 at 18.13.07.png Screenshot 2021-06-27 at 18.13.20.png
BOOT - additional Boot arguments, NeverHibernate=true

Screenshot 2021-06-27 at 18.13.43.png Screenshot 2021-06-27 at 18.13.55.png
Devices - No Fake ID entries, added Properties for Headless Framebuffer for HD4600

Screenshot 2021-06-27 at 18.14.12.png Screenshot 2021-06-27 at 18.14.23.png
GUI - Legacy=First removed, additional disk Volumes hidden, changed Clover boot theme

Screenshot 2021-06-27 at 18.14.34.png Screenshot 2021-06-27 at 18.14.45.png
Graphics - Inject Intel=True removed, not needed with WhateverGreen.kext and Headless Framebuffer

Screenshot 2021-06-27 at 18.15.01.png Screenshot 2021-06-27 at 18.15.56.png
Kernel and Kext Patches - Kernel LAPIC=true removed as only required for HP system, KernelXCPM=true added, added the two USB port limit patches for Catalina

Screenshot 2021-06-27 at 18.16.17.png Screenshot 2021-06-27 at 18.16.26.png
Rt-Variables - CrsActiveConfig changed to disabled, new MLB and new ROM generated

Screenshot 2021-06-27 at 18.16.40.png Screenshot 2021-06-27 at 18.16.51.png
SMBIOS - Changed to iMac 15,1 as this is a better match for a Haswell system and Support Checked , i.e. the new serial number has been with Apple Support, it is not used by a real Mac

Screenshot 2021-06-27 at 18.17.03.png Screenshot 2021-06-27 at 18.17.15.png
System Parameters - Inject System ID=true removed, Inject Kexts=true added.

Given the above do you think you can edit your current CLOVER folder to better suit your Haswell system?

The additional Custom SSDT's can be generated for your system using Corpnewt's SSDTTime python script, which can be run in Windows and macOS - https://github.com/corpnewt/SSDTTime - select the Green coloured Code button and Download Zip to obtain the SSDTTime folder.

The only SSDT that won't be generated by SSDTTime is SSDT-XOSI.aml, which I have attached below.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• SSDT-XOSI.zip
    612 bytes · Views: 32
Hi
Thank you so much Edhawk.
I will start going through all of the above and working on my Broken config.plist.
Thanks Again.

The second problem and the reason I started this thread. Was the installation USB was not allowing me to use my mouse keyboard on Boot from the USB at the clover boot screen.

I followed your second last post quoted below and tried it again and it didn't work.

I attach the Installation USB EFI FOLDER this is NOT the same folder as attached above this is the installation boot USB I created using uni beast and following the post quoted below.
But I am obviously missing something. Can you help me?

You need to make sure that you have the following on the USB installer drive, for the USB ports to work:
  1. The Raise USB port limit patches for the version of macOS you are booting, in the Kernel and Kexts Patches section of your config.plist.
  2. USBInjectAll.kext in your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.
  3. These rename patches - EHCI to EH01, EHC2 to EH02 and XHCI to XHC, in the ACPI section of the config.plist.
Booting in verbose mode, i.e. with the -v boot argument added to the config.plist, would show you what is causing the kernel panic. Which you could take a photo of and upload here, so we can see what is happening and possibly offer a solution.

Posting a copy of your /EFI/CLOVER folder would also help, as we would then be able to see what you are using and just as importantly what you are not using to boot your system. You can redact the SMBIOS Serial Number, Board Serial Number, SmUUID, MLB and ROM from your config.plist before hand.

I will start working on the last post now.
Again Sorry for having two separate problems in the one thread.

Thanks Again for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back