Contribute
Register

Clover boot menu cannot use mouse/keyboard from USB boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87M-D3H
CPU
Intel Core i7 4770K
Graphics
EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 Superclocked
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi All,

I have made a mess of my config.plist and I cannot boot into my installed Os or backup.

I am trying to use a USB boot but when I boot from the usb and get to the clover boot screen I cannot use my keyboard or mouse. Even though I used my keyboard to select my USB to boot from.

What I have tried.
I have created a USB boot device for calatina, Mojave and high sierra.
I thought it was related to clover versions.
All have got me to the same point, no keyboard or mouse on Clover boot screen.
I have tried different USB ports and different keyboards.

I also tried adding voodoo Kext but that didn't work.

I tried disabling Legacy USB but after I couldn't select my USB to boot from.

Any help would be appreciated I think I am going in the wrong direction. Any thoughts or ideas would be a great help.

You need to include USBInjectAll.kext in the /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder and the USB port limit patches in your config.plist, so the USB ports work.

if you are using the same installer for three versions of macOS then include the relevant port limit patches for all three OS’s. They will only be used by the relevant OS and wont work with the other two.

Hi,
Thanks very much for your response but I had no luck,

I started from scratch download Catalina from Mac app store. Then using the latest Unibeast created an install USB.

I installed USBinjectall Kext and Voodoo, then added patches following this guide.

I get the same problem.
I start up press F12 for boot options select my USB, then it runs Different Clover and my keyboard and mouse are unresponsive.

I attached an image of the error I get from my original error.
I am just wondering if this is the problem.
I updated clover and if broke my plist.
Is there any way for me to fix this. Maybe through the UEFI Shell?

Again Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• mybroken_config_plist.jpeg
    7.4 MB · Views: 74
Hi,
Thanks very much for your response but I had no luck,

I started from scratch download Catalina from Mac app store. Then using the latest Unibeast created an install USB.

I installed USBinjectall Kext and Voodoo, then added patches following this guide.

I get the same problem.
I start up press F12 for boot options select my USB, then it runs Different Clover and my keyboard and mouse are unresponsive.

I attached an image of the error I get from my original error.
I am just wondering if this is the problem.
I updated clover and if broke my plist.
Is there any way for me to fix this. Maybe through the UEFI Shell?

Again Any help is greatly appreciated.
it mentions that you need to edit and fix your config.plist...

it mentions that you need to edit and fix your config.plist...
Sorry I might be confusing things here. I am trying to fix my original plist by booting from install USB but I cannot get the install USB working. I have added Kext and patches to the USB config.plist. and I can't use my keyboard/mouse on the install screen.

If I can fix the no keyboard on USB install I can fix my old config.plist.
I am not sure what you are referring to above.

Sorry I might be confusing things here. I am trying to fix my original plist by booting from install USB but I cannot get the install USB working. I have added Kext and patches to the USB config.plist. and I can't use my keyboard/mouse on the install screen.

If I can fix the no keyboard on USB install I can fix my old config.plist.
I am not sure what you are referring to above.
i am going by the image you posted that says you have an error with your config.plist...

The error message tells you what is wrong, i.e. you have an incorrect KernelandKextPatch regarding your CPU.

If you remove that named incorrect patch from your config.plist it may boot a bit further.

Using the shell
I edited my config.plist and removed the line with the error.
The error no longer comes up.

The problem remains. I can't boot into the system

When I try to use USB installation boot I can't use mouse/keyboard.
If I could get into USB install boot screen,
I could boot my old OS and fix the config.plist.
No idea how to fix this?

Is there anything else worth trying?

Using the shell
I edited my config.plist and removed the line with the error.
The error no longer comes up.

The problem remains. I can't boot into the system

When I try to use USB installation boot I can't use mouse/keyboard.
If I could get into USB install boot screen,
I could boot my old OS and fix the config.plist.
No idea how to fix this?

Is there anything else worth trying?
zip and upload your EFI

You need to make sure that you have the following on the USB installer drive, for the USB ports to work:
  1. The Raise USB port limit patches for the version of macOS you are booting, in the Kernel and Kexts Patches section of your config.plist.
  2. USBInjectAll.kext in your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.
  3. These rename patches - EHCI to EH01, EHC2 to EH02 and XHCI to XHC, in the ACPI section of the config.plist.
Booting in verbose mode, i.e. with the -v boot argument added to the config.plist, would show you what is causing the kernel panic. Which you could take a photo of and upload here, so we can see what is happening and possibly offer a solution.

Posting a copy of your /EFI/CLOVER folder would also help, as we would then be able to see what you are using and just as importantly what you are not using to boot your system. You can redact the SMBIOS Serial Number, Board Serial Number, SmUUID, MLB and ROM from your config.plist before hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back