Contribute
Register

[CLOSED] 10.13.2 Sup + GTX 650 TI Boost graphic pixelated or displaced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5-TH F12 (GA-Z77X-UP5-TH)
CPU
INTEL i7 3770K
Graphics
Radeon RX 580 8 GB (GV-RX580GAMING-8GD)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
* sorry, the title should read 10.13.2 sup , not 10.13.3

Just wonder if anyone of you who upgraded to 10.13 (and further upgrade), has any issues with Nvidia graphics being randomly pixelated displaced on the screen?

Refer to example picture.

It happens randomly to any apps, not just Finder. and the position where it is displaced or pixelated is also pretty random as well.

I am useing PCIE card and not using built-in Intel graphic. Using native nvidia kext too (no web driver). Refer to my profile for my system.

It doesn't happen on 10.12 or any of previous macOS as well.

Any idea?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    267.7 KB · Views: 612
* sorry, the title should read 10.13.2 sup , not 10.13.3

Just wonder if anyone of you who upgraded to 10.13 (and further upgrade), has any issues with Nvidia graphics being randomly pixelated displaced on the screen?

Refer to example picture.

It happens randomly to any apps, not just Finder. and the position where it is displaced or pixelated is also pretty random as well.

I am useing PCIE card and not using built-in Intel graphic. Using native nvidia kext too (no web driver). Refer to my profile for my system.

It doesn't happen on 10.12 or any of previous macOS as well.

Any idea?

https://tonymacx86.com/threads/gtx-660-glitch-issue-with-macos-high-sierra-10-13.233101/
https://tonymacx86.com/threads/high-sierra-660ti-graphics-issues.231979/

This is a known issue. GTX660 and GTX660Ti (and may be other Kepler cards like your 650Ti Boost) suffer from this problem in High Sierra, either immediately after boot or after some use. There is apparently no fix at the moment.

Are you using the Nvidia web driver or the Apple native driver? That's a Kepler-based card so you don't need the Nvidia web driver. I have used both with my 650 Ti and haven not noticed any irregularities.
I've tried both, native and web driver, and the symptoms unfortunately still persisted.

https://tonymacx86.com/threads/gtx-660-glitch-issue-with-macos-high-sierra-10-13.233101/
https://tonymacx86.com/threads/high-sierra-660ti-graphics-issues.231979/

This is a known issue. GTX660 and GTX660Ti (and may be other Kepler cards like your 650Ti Boost) suffer from this problem in High Sierra, either immediately after boot or after some use. There is apparently no fix at the moment.

yeah. i've been reading that thread and found no solution as just yet. What about if I buy and change to different GFX card? Would it solve the issue?

Yeah. I've been reading that thread and found no solution as just yet. What about if I buy and change to different GFX card? Would it solve the issue?

As far as I know, if you want to fix this problem now, you have 2 choices :
(1) Move back to Sierra or earlier, which does not suffer this problem, or
(2) Switch to another graphics card from a different family.

I was using a GTX 660 in my system and it worked perfectly in Sierra, although I have recently replaced it with a GTX 760. Both cards work natively in Sierra. If you want to keep your card, perhaps you should consider moving back to Sierra?

I have seen reports of GTX 760 / GTX 770 working in High Sierra, even though they are also from the Kepler family. Of course if you are to get a new Pascal series card, you should be able to make it work (you have to use Nvidia web drivers in this case).

As far as I know, if you want to fix this problem now, you have 2 choices :
(1) Move back to Sierra or earlier, which does not suffer this problem, or
(2) Switch to another graphics card from a different family.

I was using a GTX 660 in my system and it worked perfectly in Sierra, although I have recently replaced it with a GTX 760. Both cards work natively in Sierra. If you want to keep your card, perhaps you should consider moving back to Sierra?

I have seen reports of GTX 760 / GTX 770 working in High Sierra, even though they are also from the Kepler family. Of course if you are to get a new Pascal series card, you should be able to make it work (you have to use Nvidia web drivers in this case).
yeah.

1) Back to Sierra not an option now, unfortunately.
2) Will get Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 OC 2GB Low Profile and see if that fixes the issue.

I've tried many ways to see if i have any luck solving this issue, but so far, i've got nothing concrete to share.

I think I will need to swap out the card for now.

I've bought myself a GTX 1050 OC and replaced the GTX 650 OC , use the WebDriver (378.10.10.10.25.104) , and everything back to normal. Sleep works, 3 monitors work.

No graphic glitches or displaces anymore.

Will leave it as it is now.

Thanks for those tried to help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back