Contribute
Register

Clone an SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

My setting is working 100% but I am running out of space on my 120G SDD (half Win8.1, half OSX)

Thinking of buying a Samsung EVO 250G.

Any advice on the easy way to clone one drive to another? Is it possible? Will any of these work:
http://www.maximumpc.com/how_clone_hard_drive_or_ssd_2014

Thanks

I've always used Clonezilla (clonezilla.org). It's a live (bootable CD) Linux distribution designed with the sole purpose of partitioning and cloning hard drives.

Carbon Copy Cloner. I keep a clone of my system HD anytime I do a major system change that may result in oddities or a panic...and it's saved my butt a few times. It makes an exact bootable clone.

Carbon Copy Cloner. I keep a clone of my system HD anytime I do a major system change that may result in oddities or a panic...and it's saved my butt a few times. It makes an exact bootable clone.

Yeah, I use CCC for cloning my Mac boot drive, but the OP was asking about a dual boot system... Does CCC work for non-Mac partitions? Clonezilla, while it doesn't have a very friendly GUI, works with practically any filesystem type (HFS+, NTFS, ext3, etc.) with any partition scheme (MBR, GUID, etc.). Not sure CCC will do what the OP needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back