Contribute
Register

Clevo W230SS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this problem menubar corruption, too, on a Clevo W670SZQ with just Intel HD4600. Been watching clevo threads for a few days on here....

I am using the latest Chimera 4.0.0 boot loader and 10.9.5.

The menubar looked fine during install.

The only thing that fixes it for me is login/logout/login. (If you log in automatically w/o password, you can at least reduce it to logout, login.)

I noticed, before I was told of this workaround, that the glitches get worse over time: vertical lines appear in the Dock and the window drop shadows start having ugly black lines in them.

I also notice that right when I log in, the menubar looks fine and then becomes--and remains trashed until logut/login-- corrupted a second or two later.

What happens during the login process to corrupt/fix it?

Could it be the eye-candy effect at login? I'm not sure what its called: the screen sort of expands outward.

I have no login startup items and the only 3rd party menu doodad I have is Little Snitch. Tried disabling it, but it didn't change anything.

To fix the corrupt try (inject ig-plataformd-id to 0x0a2e000a using Clover)

Hi all,

I have a W230SS and I would like to get OSX (10.9 or 10.10) on it.

Is there a detailed guide somewhere to get it up and running? I'm quite new to all this and don't have much Linux experience either.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Is it possible tu run yosemite with a 3200x1800 display with in the HiDPI mode? With the intel HD4600

Thanks, seems like a really helpful post. One other thing, that I couldn't find in that guide, can I install, and run, osx from an external USB hdd?

Thanks, seems like a really helpful post. One other thing, that I couldn't find in that guide, can I install, and run, osx from an external USB hdd?

You can if USB works relatively well on your system. SATA tends to be easier to get working...

But USB is slow, so it is not generally done.

hi all, someone have DSDT of this laptop and can send me? me so bad on english and noob on OS X and my dsdt have so much errors and can't repair brightness.

thx.!!!

im triying but my dsdt has many error's and i dont know how fix them, im triying rebuild dsdt with ubuntu 14.04 but my english is bad

Basics of DSDT/SSDT patching: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Note that your profile lacks any details about your hardware...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back