Clean Install on Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can not get the to the installer from USB keep getting this message on boot

Attachments

• IMG_2501.jpg
    IMG_2501.jpg
    607.9 KB · Views: 126
Having the similar issue, my installation goes smooth, then fine reboots, booting from Unibeast, time machine restore, reboots Unibeast. after installing multi beast with noDSDT option it boot no more... :( - I used same options as in Mavericks...

Do you use any boot flags

Why are you using a DSDT if you're running the board in UEFI?

I'll be honest when I say I'm probably following some old guides, haha. I had always used the DSDT file, since...I want to say Snow Leopard or Lion/ML. Granted, Gigabyte's definition of "UEFI" in the Sandy Bridge era is kinda weird, period.

EDIT: Well hey, that might help. I didn't realize that Gigabyte had an updated image that does actually decent UEFI. Updating and will report back when I can.

Hello mate,

Just wanted to say good stuff here.

At the moment i am using this motherboard z68x ud3h b3 with the f10 firmware. Any idea how i can update this one?

I'm stuck in my install. I finished my install but can't get past the PCI stuff. Any suggestion on what to add or boot options to get up?

did you use any boot flags?
I'm currently not using any special boot flags.

At the moment i am using this motherboard z68x ud3h b3 with the f10 firmware. Any idea how i can update this one?
Gigabyte has a beta BIOS for UEFI. Updating to that removed the DSDT requirement and fixed a lot of my problems.

I'm stuck in my install. I finished my install but can't get past the PCI stuff. Any suggestion on what to add or boot options to get up?
After I finished my install, I was able to boot using my thumbdrive for an initial setup (username, first-run of Multibeast). When using Multibeast, you will need to add the ACPI Rollback for 5/6 series motherboards.

I made the Unibeast USB, but it is very slow and gets stuck at see picture. I am using f12 bios and should i disconnect all devices before install

Attachments

• IMG_2504.JPG
    IMG_2504.JPG
    649.2 KB · Views: 197
I made the Unibeast USB, but it is very slow and gets stuck at see picture. I am using f12 bios and should i disconnect all devices before install
When I did my initial install I only had the keyboard, mouse, and my thumbdrive connected. On the F12 BIOS I had to disable all other devices; upgrading to the beta UEFI BIOS allowed me to install with only a couple settings changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back