Contribute
Register

Cinema Display not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and only dvi works with onboard graphics

You may be running into the Apple Cinema Display UEFI bug. Basically the Cinema Display will not display the bios and boot up sequence when connected to a UEFI motherboard system. I have the 24" model and I can't use it on my Gigabyte UD3H or UD5H board since they both are UEFI. When I used the old bios on the UD3H it worked fine. I've experienced it with both my 6850 and gtx670.

The goods news is that once the OS boots up takes over the system everything works fine, I just can't access the bios.

My advice is install your OS and test everything with aNother monitor. Then connect the Cinema Display, let it boot and wait to see if you get into the OS. If works, then you know it is the uefi issue and cannot be fixed.

You can do a search for "cinema display UEFI" to see more on this topic.

You may be running into the Apple Cinema Display UEFI bug. Basically the Cinema Display will not display the bios and boot up sequence when connected to a UEFI motherboard system. I have the 24" model and I can't use it on my Gigabyte UD3H or UD5H board since they both are UEFI. When I used the old bios on the UD3H it worked fine. I've experienced it with both my 6850 and gtx670.

The goods news is that once the OS boots up takes over the system everything works fine, I just can't access the bios.

My advice is install your OS and test everything with aNother monitor. Then connect the Cinema Display, let it boot and wait to see if you get into the OS. If works, then you know it is the uefi issue and cannot be fixed.

You can do a search for "cinema display UEFI" to see more on this topic.

I'm actually typing this from the hackintosh, everything is setup. It's just that I'm using my old 17" monitor and I would like to use the Cinema Display. The 17" is only my secondary monitor. If the UEFI will run only there - fine, but I need my 24" CD for working...

DVI also works from the GPU. My onboard doesen't even have a DVI port, just HDMI and DP.

Is there something I need to enable to get the CD running in BIOS or in OS X?

Should I do a little video of my setup that you guys can see what I mean?

Update:
It's definately the adapter broken.
I finally installed Windows and the Cinema Display doesen't work as well.

New one is already ordered, should arrive soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back