i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 680
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,

so I put together my first hackintosh and tried to pwer it up. Screen stayed black, I tried a whole evening long different things, no result.
Today,I got a GTX 680 and placed it into the hack and connected a different monitor using DVI output, and it worked (I already panicked cause I thought I screwed it all up...)

I installed OS X, all fine, ran MultiBeast, got a kernel panic, and I'm reinstalling OS X. Well, f*uck.
Anyway, I just don't get my Cinema Display working - I know hat it's okay because I'm using it on my MacBook as well.
I had an adapter for Mini-DisplayPort to DisplayPort and plugged it into the onboards graphics as well as the GTX 680, both times not successeful. I don't even reach the BIOS, the screen just stays black. On DVI, it all runs smooth.

Can someone help?

Not sure about nvidia graphics cards but amd cards will need different frame buffers

What exacltey are frame buffers?
I used the cinema display on a GTX50 in my Mac Pro without any problems... so I don't think that the GTX680 is incompatible.

The audio of the cienma display works, I connected it via USB to the mobo and via DP to the GTX680.

Frame buffers give osx the information which ports the gfx card has.

You may want to try a conversion kit from mini dp to dvi (Kanex makes those)

Jan

Frame buffers give osx the information which ports the gfx card has.

You may want to try a conversion kit from mini dp to dvi (Kanex makes those)

Jan

Thanks. But I guess because the HD4000 doesen't give any output as well, it's the adapter.
Did I miss something in my thinking?

Holy cow!
The Kanex adapter MDP-DVI is 149€ - no thanks.
Then I rather sell the Cinema Display.

And I thought in general DisplayPort is the one that always works best?
I know that HDMI sometimes doesen't work.

But this isn't OS X related because also the BIOS doesen't give any output.
When I had the Cinema Display running under Bootcamp on my real Mac, I didn't experience this and I didn't need to instally anything to get output.

So you have your display port plugged into an dvi adapter into your motherboards hd 400?
And you"re sure the computer works when connected to an other display ?
And holy sh*t I didn't knew that adapter was so expensive, ridiculous!

Edit: found this adapter http://estore.circuitassembly.com/p...female-to-displayport-male-adapter-cable.html and then you will need a display port to dvi if you don't have display port on your graphics card

Note: only dvi works if you use onboard graphics

Not quite.

I have my Mini Display port plugged into an DisplayPort adapter plugged into the DisplayPort of either the HD4000 on the motherboard or on the DisplayPort on the GTX680. And yes, the computer works perfectly find when I connect another display via DVI.

Edit: I'm running a very similar adapter now, just in black. My guess is still that it's broken..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back