EVGA GTX770 sc
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,
So I recently finished installing OS X Mavericks 10.9.2 onto a 240gb hard drive, everything works like a charm, no problems with audio, wi-fi, video, etc.... However there is a problem when initially turning on the computer to load into Mavericks. For the past 3 hours I have been using my MultiBeast USB drive to enable me to boot up into OS X because without it, I just get directed into my motherboard's (Asus Sabertooth Z87) UEFI. Despite having successfully installed chimera when I downloaded all of the other drivers etc. using MultiBeast, it won't boot up into the drive that Mavericks is on (very frustrating!!). Not to mention that my setup is dual booting both OS X, and Windows 8.1, so Chimera is pretty much necessary to chose which OS to boot into on startup. Do any of you have any suggestions on what I should do to try and get Chimera to work? DO you think that Chimera is even the problem? Anything would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you

Hello,
So I recently finished installing OS X Mavericks 10.9.2 onto a 240gb hard drive, everything works like a charm, no problems with audio, wi-fi, video, etc.... However there is a problem when initially turning on the computer to load into Mavericks. For the past 3 hours I have been using my MultiBeast USB drive to enable me to boot up into OS X because without it, I just get directed into my motherboard's (Asus Sabertooth Z87) UEFI. Despite having successfully installed chimera when I downloaded all of the other drivers etc. using MultiBeast, it won't boot up into the drive that Mavericks is on (very frustrating!!). Not to mention that my setup is dual booting both OS X, and Windows 8.1, so Chimera is pretty much necessary to chose which OS to boot into on startup. Do any of you have any suggestions on what I should do to try and get Chimera to work? DO you think that Chimera is even the problem? Anything would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you

Asus BIOS has a problem booting legacy with GPT+ drives. See http://www.tonymacx86.com/401-install-bootloader-extra-efi-partition.html for fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back