Contribute
Register

Chimera Boot0: Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Chimera Boot0: Error HP dv6835es

I have the boot0: error

I install OS X on a HP dv6835es using iboot + multibeast method, without problems
HP dv6835es Notebook core2duo t8100, 4gb ram, HD Hitachi 5k250-160 (160Gb) 5400rpm, 1,5 Gb/s

but when upgrade the hard disk to this one Seagate Momentus 750Gb ST9750420AS 7200rpm 3Gb/s; I have a black screen with this at reboot after the multibeast setup:

boot0: GTP
boot0: test
boot0: GPT
boot0: error

The problem was read and write rights on the EFI partition

The solution was boot with the old hard disk (a OS X working without problems) and plug the new one as a usb device in a usb box and do the boot0, boot1h and boot for this hard disk (change disk0 => disk1 and disk0s2 => disk1s2 )
google this: How to install Chameleon manually for more details

Ajochope, could you please go into more detail about how you fixed your boot0 error? I have the same hard drive and I've tried many different guides to no avail.

My specs are: HP Envy 14 (1st gen)- Intel Core i5-520M, 4GB DDR3, Ati Mobility Radeon HD 5650 (GraphicsEnabler=No), Seagate ST9750420AS, installation method= iBoot + Multibeast with Retail Snow Leopard 10.6.3.

I have tried the guide that is linked earlier in this thread as well as http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=164809 and http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/11/ ... -from.html

Any help you could give is greatly appreciated.

bogorobot said:
I have the same exact problem with my Acer 5742G.

I've got the acer 5742. I had this problem too. Switched to MBR and it was working....
Reformated to GPT again and probably with a different bootloader its booting fine.
I've read of others though getting that boot0 error.

Anyways aside from this I can't install Lion on it but do have SL 10.6.3 but no audio, wifi, webcam and just VGA .... a ways to go yet with this lappy

As easy solution to this problem we found was to install a chameleon rc4, then install chimera or whatever over that.

Moved to correct forum,
Snow Leopard Installation -> 10.6 Laptops.

My Process to Move Beyond The Boot0:Error in WD-Green Drive (WD20EARS - 2TB)

:idea: :arrow: :D

Download and Burn to CD - G-Parted Partition Magic

Bootable (OSX in Intel) Drive and your Boot0:Error Drive
Installed or connected via USB.

Restart with G-Parted Cd in Drive

Mount All Drives and Open The File Viewer

Select & Unmount only the EFI Partition.

Copy the EFI Partition of the "Working Bootable Drive"

Paste the EFI Partition Over the Boot0:Error Drives existing partition.

Check the Apply Button in File Viewer, and then Eject CD + Exit.

If Hard Drive doesn't boot directly in to OSX - Empty out the Extra Folder in OS X HD and reapply the MultiBeast software.
[ I recommend doing this even if you boot into OS X without any problems ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back