Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm trying to get OSX installed onto this Acer Aspire One 5750 with a 750GB Toshiba drive and failing. The iBoot DVD works fine, I can load the installer, I can load OSX after it's installed but both Chameleon and Chimera fail with boot0: error, doesn't matter which I use. I've googled the hell out of this and I can't find a solution.

I was initially trying to dual boot with Win7 but gave up on that in hopes that I could at least get just OS X to boot without the iBoot DVD but no joy. Every time I run Multibeas for Chameleon or if I skip Chameleon and use Chimera, I get Boot0: Error after reboot. I've reformated, repartitioned, and reinstalled over and over agian and I'm just lost.

Someone please help, I just want OSX running on this thing.

I actually did have some success following one guide, but all it resulted was was Chimera flashing by as it did it's boot0 text and then automatically starting Windows 7. The HDD has since been reformatted since then however.

So, I format the drive with the MacOS X installer, install Windows 7, then OSX, now I agian have the situation where it just boots up Windows 7. I installed EasyBCD via Windows 7, but when that starts up Mac OSX, it DOES load Chimera... ANd then Chimera freezes. It freezes if you press any key and it freezes if you let the timer run out. It also ONLY displays the Win7 partition. If I stick in my OSX instal USB key before doing that, it doesn't list a Win7 partition to boot but does list the OSX Install as the only option. It freezes either way. :/

Ugh. I did the same command in terminal 20 times or more. What was wrong? boot1h wasn't copying like it should, I just had to do it in single user mode and voila.

...And now OSX just reboots after Chimera tries to boot it... |: But at least I can SEE Chimera.

bogorobot said:
I have the same exact problem with my Acer 5742G.

Did you try manually copying boot1h in Single User Mode?

I tried it in the terminal in normal mode, but it still would never TRUELY copy. Once I did it in single user mode, it works and it's worked every time since.

Hello AshleyAshes,

When you said manually copy boot1h, where does it go and where can I get the file?

Thanks so much.

dpsuperfly said:
Hello AshleyAshes,

When you said manually copy boot1h, where does it go and where can I get the file?

Thanks so much.

You'd need to dig up a binary of Chimera which I had a friend extract for me. You can also find a Chameleon binary more easily however.

http://kylesinterestingstuff.blogspot.c ... opard.html

This guide here, step six covers manual installation of Chameleon. It assums your files in one particular folder, make sure you adapt for where ever your files are.

Thanks for the reply,

I figured out a different method because all the normal methods of installing Chimera would not solve my boot0:error issues. I have a green drive from WD. They state the normal Chimera install will not work with this hardware.

Therefore, I had to devise a new method. Basically putting Chimera on the EFI partition and booting from it. I finally got it working! Now I can boot with out the blasted boot0:error.

:headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back