Contribute
Register

Chimera 2.0 Now Available with iMessage Login Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Chimera 2.0 Now Available with iMessage Login Fix

Downloaded Chimera 2.0.1 and installed on my SSD. Rebooted fine but I get the error when I try logging into iMessage:
"Your Apple ID "********" can't be used to set up iMessage at this time. If this is a new Apple ID, you do not need to create another one. To use this Apple ID with iMessage, contact iMessage support with the code below."
Any ideas?

Re-installing Chimera 2.0.1 fixed this for me. Just a note - Numerous macs & hacks, 3 iPhones, an iPad, and an iPod touch in the family. It seems that "all the planets need to be aligned" for Messages to work 100%. Numerous sign-ins outs- fixing apple ID's, fixing Phone numbers vs email addresses in iOS and 10.8.2 are needed to keep messages from dropping and syncing properly. It seems that Messages in general are particularly finicky.

Perfect! Thanks, working like a charm!

chimera 2.0.1 doesnt work for me.. also i dont know why the darn multibest keeps installing chimera 1.1.1 even though i never select the bootloader section at all..

need to fix that asap whoever fixes that buggy multibeast..

so i installed chimera 2.0.1 and after reboot i only get

reading hfs+ file (hd0,1) xxxxxx or wahtever and then the pc reboots...

i cant never get pass that section.. it keeps rebooting everything..

in order for me to boot fine i need to use unibeast usb and select the hard drive instead of the usb...
but if i boot straight from the hard drive it goes into a restart loop.. never gets passed that error or whatever that is...

This is what i do

Fresh install of ML
Run chimera 2.0.1
i check for bootloader version and it says chimera 2.0.1
multibeast with my kexts selected (NO BOOTLOADER selected)
i recheck for boot loader version and it says chimera 1.1.1 (FFS)
i rerun chimera 2.0.1
check version for bootloader again and now im at 2.0.1
reboot and it never boots keeps rebooting after the reading hfs+ file watever..

where can i download chimera 2.0?

chimera 2.0.1 doesnt work for me.. also i dont know why the darn multibest keeps installing chimera 1.1.1 even though i never select the bootloader section at all..

need to fix that asap whoever fixes that buggy multibeast..

so i installed chimera 2.0.1 and after reboot i only get

reading hfs+ file (hd0,1) xxxxxx or wahtever and then the pc reboots...

i cant never get pass that section.. it keeps rebooting everything..

in order for me to boot fine i need to use unibeast usb and select the hard drive instead of the usb...
but if i boot straight from the hard drive it goes into a restart loop.. never gets passed that error or whatever that is...

This is what i do

Fresh install of ML
Run chimera 2.0.1
i check for bootloader version and it says chimera 2.0.1
multibeast with my kexts selected (NO BOOTLOADER selected)
i recheck for boot loader version and it says chimera 1.1.1 (FFS)
i rerun chimera 2.0.1
check version for bootloader again and now im at 2.0.1
reboot and it never boots keeps rebooting after the reading hfs+ file watever..

where can i download chimera 2.0?

When you check items in Multibeast, have you ever "READ" the notes below after selecting it, it tells you what is being installed!!! Multibeast is not buggy, it installs what you select!!!

don't work for me :(

When you check items in Multibeast, have you ever "READ" the notes below after selecting it, it tells you what is being installed!!! Multibeast is not buggy, it installs what you select!!!

yes i read the notes... but still chimera doesnt work..

once it gets to the first 2 or 3 lines.. it reboots...

meh...

yes i read the notes... but still chimera doesnt work..

once it gets to the first 2 or 3 lines.. it reboots...

meh...

maybe you should try: fresh install, multi beast, restart to make sure everything is ok. Then try Chimera 2.0.1

A lot of my boot loading issues started after this update. Keeps wanting to boot from usb stick and even when I reinstall Multibeast still having problems. It was working fine for a while, but after removing the usb stick from the computer it suddenly stopped booting from my SSD drive. It's being completely unpredictable.

Whats the best way to uninstall and downgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back