Motherboard
P8H77-I
CPU
Core i3-3220
Graphics
Radeon HD 7850
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi. I'm new to the mackintosh scene and am very clueless as to how to fix this error. From a post that I have posted previously, A reply told me that there was an error with my system definition. Im currently running on 10.11.6 and If anyone could help me understand how to correctly change my system definition, I would be greatly appreciate your help.

Hi. I'm new to the mackintosh scene and am very clueless as to how to fix this error. From a post that I have posted previously, A reply told me that there was an error with my system definition. Im currently running on 10.11.6 and If anyone could help me understand how to correctly change my system definition, I would be greatly appreciate your help.
If you do not need advice for buying parts, why post here? Post in the Desktop support forum for the version of OS X you have installed or post in the General Help forum - https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/general-help.10/

What is the error you're referring to? In general, the easiest way to change your system definition is with the Clover Configurator, but I don't want to walk you through that without knowing why you want to change it.

What is the error you're referring to? In general, the easiest way to change your system definition is with the Clover Configurator, but I don't want to walk you through that without knowing why you want to change it.
I would like to change my system definition. You see, I have accidentally switched my smbios to macpro5,1, being ignorant to the fact that I would get a boot error relating to AppleTyMCEDriver.kext. My problem as it seems now, is that when I boot into safe mode and change system pref, it won't save. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

No need to boot to safe mode - just boot normally, run Clover Configurator, mount your EFI partition, open your Clover config.plist file from EFI/Clover/config.plist, and do the following to select a new SMBIOS definition:
  • Choose the SMBIOS tab
  • Click the Magic Wand button
  • Select iMac
  • Select "iMac14,2" (or whatever SMBIOS you intend to use) from the list
  • Click both shake buttons a few times to randomize your serial #
  • Save your configuration and exit
That's all there is to it. After you reboot, you should have the new SMBIOS definition installed.

I would like to change my system definition. You see, I have accidentally switched my smbios to macpro5,1, being ignorant to the fact that I would get a boot error relating to AppleTyMCEDriver.kext. My problem as it seems now, is that when I boot into safe mode and change system pref, it won't save. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
iMac 13,3 is closest to your system - your 3220 vs the iMac 3225 cpu

iMac 13,3 is closest to your system - your 3220 vs the iMac 3225 cpu
But the problem is when I boot up normally, I get a kernel panic relating to the appletymcedriver. So I figure if I boot into safe mode and change the smbios from macpro5,1 to this iMac13,3 it will fix. But the problem is that none of my changes in ambios are being saved. In the config.plist it saves, but my computer continues to read macpro5,1 for some reason. Thank you for all of the support you been giving though. Its much appreciated.

But the problem is when I boot up normally, I get a kernel panic relating to the appletymcedriver. So I figure if I boot into safe mode and change the smbios from macpro5,1 to this iMac13,3 it will fix. But the problem is that none of my changes in ambios are being saved. In the config.plist it saves, but my computer continues to read macpro5,1 for some reason. Thank you for all of the support you been giving though. Its much appreciated.
What does About this Mac say? If About this Mac says 13,3 and the sidebar in Finder says *Your name's* MacPro, then look in preferences/sharing (I think this is right place) and delete the MacPro sysdef file you find there somewhere.

What does About this Mac say? If About this Mac says 13,3 and the sidebar in Finder says *Your name's* MacPro, then look in preferences/sharing (I think this is right place) and delete the MacPro sysdef file you find there somewhere.
Where would this be? Also Id like to mention progress. I can now boot normally but have to change the sysdef in the clover bootloader screen everytime.

Where would this be? Also Id like to mention progress. I can now boot normally but have to change the sysdef in the clover bootloader screen everytime.
Have you used Clover Configurator to change the SysDef in config.plist under SMBIOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back