i5
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi!

I have a Mavericks Hackint0sh with a Radeon 4870. which required GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

Well two questions:
1 . will it work without a problem if choosing a card which require GraphicsEnabler=Yes?
2 . What do I have to do if choosing a card which require GraphicsEnabler=No?¨

Thanks for any reply!

Hi!

I have a Mavericks Hackint0sh with a Radeon 4870. which required GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

Well two questions:
1 . will it work without a problem if choosing a card which require GraphicsEnabler=Yes?
2 . What do I have to do if choosing a card which require GraphicsEnabler=No?¨

Thanks for any reply!

Without knowing what card you are considering this is impossible to answer.

Oh sorry! im looking for a silent fanless one.

Lets say:
Sapphire Silent ATI Radeon HD 5450 1GB

or

Sapphire Flex AMD Radeon R5 230 1GB
The 5450 will still need GraphicsEnabler=Yes. I'm not sure about the R5 230 as it's rebranded...according to CPU World:
...the R5 230 is a rebrand of the Radeon HD 6450 and HD 7450, albeit with the memory clocked to match the 7450, which is slower than the 6450...
So, it, too will probably need GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

BTW, on the MacRumors Mac Pro forum, several people are reporting that, in Yosemite, Apple no longer supports older AMD cards that it didn't put in older (classic) Macs. So, you may want to look for a newer support graphics card.

Reference:
AMD Launches Radeon R5 230 For Retail Market

The 5450 will still need GraphicsEnabler=Yes. I'm not sure about the R5 230 as it's rebranded...according to CPU World:So, it, too will probably need GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

BTW, on the MacRumors Mac Pro forum, several people are reporting that, in Yosemite, Apple no longer supports older AMD cards that it didn't put in older (classic) Macs. So, you may want to look for a newer support graphics card.

Reference:
AMD Launches Radeon R5 230 For Retail Market

Thank you!

So how do I change this on my already installed hackintosh?
If I change the graphic to a card that need graphicsenable=no
Will mac os boot up correct then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back