Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Certain Apps not working after Wake From Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally solved the problem, the main reason is that I use a H110t motherboard with a moded bios to support 8th gen CPU, and the moded bios disabled the IME region by default to support Intel Xeon CPU. (In BIOS GUI, the intel management engine version shows 0.0.0.0)
Just re-modified the moded BIOS to re-enable ME region (use flash image tool to open the bios file, in FIT table, set ME Kernel Reserved -->No), and replaced the ME region with a proper version(11.6.xxxx in my case), re-flashed the BIOS, enter to Catalina, IMEI device pop-up in IORegistryExplorer, and sleep/wake works perfectly now

If you don't have a moded BIOS like me, and still have this issue, then check if the HECI to IMEI patch really works first by opening IORegistryExplorer and search IMEI

Finally solved the problem, the main reason is that I use a H110t motherboard with a moded bios to support 8th gen CPU, and the moded bios disabled the IME region by default to support Intel Xeon CPU. (In BIOS GUI, the intel management engine version shows 0.0.0.0)
Just re-modified the moded BIOS to re-enable ME region (use flash image tool to open the bios file, in FIT table, set ME Kernel Reserved -->No), and replaced the ME region with a proper version(11.6.xxxx in my case), re-flashed the BIOS, enter to Catalina, IMEI device pop-up in IORegistryExplorer, and sleep/wake works perfectly now

If you don't have a moded BIOS like me, and still have this issue, then check if the HECI to IMEI patch really works first by opening IORegistryExplorer and search IMEI
Hi, sorry for the delay, i was off some time,nice work fixing ur hackintosh, thanks for your findings, im going to test today, modifiing bios on this model sounds difficult for me, im going to test adding imei patches, ill post my results if i solve, most probably e200 nuc bios comes already modified, really apreciated the answers, cya.

Edit: As you pointed, there is no IMEI device on IOREG, and this is chinese nuc that doesnt have any support of bios, not bios flashing, and triying things myself will brick most probably, i think one posible solution is to contact with eglobal asking for a bios with IMEI enabled , maybe i try, but i can imagine the answer, tried lucky with Clover/Add IMEI option, with/witouth custom DSDT.aml patched add imei too, but as u pointed this is nonsense because there is no IMEI.
The only mention in ioregexplorer to IMEI was under tab IOACPIPlane. and says "IOACPIPlatformDevice is not serializable"
i atach a screenshot, but seems that is empty and unfinished.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-11-29 at 21.39.25.png
    Screenshot 2019-11-29 at 21.39.25.png
    132.4 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
I have the same problem. I have no idea.
I figured out how to fix this problem after such a long time.

You have to add the Clover patch
change HECI to IMEI 48454349 to 494D4549

And it fixes the issue!

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 10.23.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 10.23.24 PM.png
    71.8 KB · Views: 72
Hi same problem here, i have E200 nuc from aliexpress (i7 8750H UHD 630) desktop preferences and hackintool freeze after sleep, i dont use chrome but firefox works after sleep i try changing from fakesmc to virtualsmc, custom DSDT, and all kind of settings in config.plist (darkwake, lilucpu ...) also sethibernatemode to 0,1, 25... nothing works sometimes it breaks m2 wifi card (dw1080a) either windows and mac, unplugin power cord for 5 seconds solves, if anyone have a workaround really apreciated cya all.
I figured out how to fix this problem after such a long time.

You have to add the Clover patch
change HECI to IMEI 48454349 to 494D4549

And it fixes the issue!

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 10.23.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 10.23.24 PM.png
    71.8 KB · Views: 67
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back