1. eMac
  2. LC
  3. Performa
  4. Plus
  5. Power Mac
  6. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok, after a lot of googling I didn't find enough info, at least not on some of my questions, so here goes... Thanks for insights, as always!

I bought a 2TB NVMe on which to clone my startup 2TB SATA SSD. Despite knowing that probably the cleanest solution would be to do a clean install of Ventura and migrate (or clone the data part with CCC) I went with the quicker way of using CCC's legacy mode option, then copied EFI over to new disk. It booted fine and seems to work pretty much as before, apart from the 3000+ MB/sec read and write speeds now. :thumbup: BUT the system partition now shows up in Disk Utility as a snapshot (sorry, the text in the image below is in Finnish, but "tilannevedos" means snapshot).

system_snapshot.jpg

Now I don't really mind that unless there are some problems lurking behind this — are there? What comes to mind is future os updates: will they install? What about making CCC clones of this snaphot disk in the future? Or maybe there are some other caveats not known to me yet?

I did notice that Office 365 had lost its registration details so I had to reactivate it, but that was no problem.

There are no problems with the system using your cloned Snapshot. That is how APFS formatted drives work.

Back