Contribute
Register

ccc bootable backup won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
upgrade to mountain lion??

i use my computer for audio production, so not a lot of support yet for mountain lion, I am having support problems with Lion itself....

anyone else?

Sorry, misread something. Try the driver from thelostwede, he's got a thread on here about it.

I also wanted to make a bootable system copy using carbon copy cloner, but I can't get it to boot properly. I have a SSD drive for the System, and a HDD with a Data and a Backup partition. After cloning System to Backup I installed chimera on the backup disk and then tried to boot from it.
So I in Bios I change the boot device to the HDD and in chameleon i choose the backup volume, but it tells me "Couldn't find /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache" and returns me to the boot screen.
Just for trying out I also booted using my System-Bootloader and there chose the Backup Partition. This boots up fine according to the verbose log, but then I get an all-distorted screen of which I assume it is the login screen.

Does anybody have an idea how to get the backup to boot?

I also wanted to make a bootable system copy using carbon copy cloner, but I can't get it to boot properly. I have a SSD drive for the System, and a HDD with a Data and a Backup partition. After cloning System to Backup I installed chimera on the backup disk and then tried to boot from it.
So I in Bios I change the boot device to the HDD and in chameleon i choose the backup volume, but it tells me "Couldn't find /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache" and returns me to the boot screen.
Just for trying out I also booted using my System-Bootloader and there chose the Backup Partition. This boots up fine according to the verbose log, but then I get an all-distorted screen of which I assume it is the login screen.

Does anybody have an idea how to get the backup to boot?

If CCC is not working for you, try SuperDuper.

If CCC is not working for you, try SuperDuper.

That was a good hint, tried it and it worked better. Now I can boot the backup drive with the bootloader on my system-ssd, thanks to SuperDuper!. If however I try to boot either partition using the bootloader on my backup disk, in verbose mode, both freeze at "devfs_ker" with somtimes a half-printed n, supposedly that's devfs_kernel.

Does anybody have any experience with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back