Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hi people I am stuck with carbon copy here, I did a full backup on one of my 320gb usb hdd partitions (created for this) and everything goes well but when I try to boot it gets stuck.

I later read that installing chimera in the cloned partition is a requirement for a customac, so I ran Multibeast from my desktop, checked the chimera box and installed to the usb partition where I created the clone. I then restar, hit F12 or press option, choose usb partition but then it takes forever in the apple log and I have to hard reset.

Anybody knows what could be happening here??

Also I did the Checksum stuff and it went fine, I mean I re-ran the same task in ccc but with checksum box checked..

Thanks a lot...

wow anybody?

DID you install Chimera too it? It doesn't copy the Boot sector/flags to the cloned copy.

It's a USB drive? That can take time to install. I would download the chimera standalone installer and try again.

DID you install Chimera too it? It doesn't copy the Boot sector/flags to the cloned copy.

It's a USB drive? That can take time to install. I would download the chimera standalone installer and try again.

I just did that, but now my computer won't recognize the keyboard while booting with F12 or option or even delete to get to the BIOS!! what the hell?

.. but I did went to startup disk in system preferences and chose the USB partition but nothing , it stills boots with the primary disk...

thankssss

I just did that, but now my computer won't recognize the keyboard while booting with F12 or option or even delete to get to the BIOS!! what the hell?

.. but I did went to startup disk in system preferences and chose the USB partition but nothing , it stills boots with the primary disk...

thankssss

I had similar USB keyboard detection issues which were caused by a connected logitech mouse receiver. Without it no problems with DELETE or F12 recognition.

Selecting a different boot drive via OS X's system preferences does only work on a real mac. You need to specify the first boot drive in BIOS if needed.

You are mentioning that you installed chimera to "one of your usb drive partitions".
Maybe it could be problematic as long as the OS doesn't rest on the first one, but I'm not shure.

this worked thanks, it seems that changing the usb hdd to one of the back usb slots is was the solution...

but while I was on that i discovered that my usb 3.0 ports dont work.... anybody knows about that issue that can guide me somehow,...

... and also I would like to know if making incremental backups with CCC has any special procedure with customacs

Thanks a lot

this worked thanks, it seems that changing the usb hdd to one of the back usb slots is was the solution...

but while I was on that i discovered that my usb 3.0 ports dont work.... anybody knows about that issue that can guide me somehow,...

... and also I would like to know if making incremental backups with CCC has any special procedure with customacs

Thanks a lot

Try the USB3 Kext from Multibeast 4.6.1

Try 5.0.2, or upgrade to 10.8.1. Not sure if your MB is supported though with the former.

Try 5.0.2, or upgrade to 10.8.1. Not sure if your MB is supported though with the former.

upgrade to mountain lion??

i use my computer for audio production, so not a lot of support yet for mountain lion, I am having support problems with Lion itself....

anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back