Contribute
Register

Catalina to Sonoma upgrade w Clover 5155

Yes that is what I am using, see above. Works for all MacOS (for now)
I just updated it to iMac Pro 1,1, but the DP's are not working anymore, just HDMI, did you have the same issue?

Update: with iMac 19.1 in Catalina has the same issue, however with iMac 18,1, the DP's are working fine

Last edited:
I just updated it to iMac Pro 1,1, but the DP's are not working anymore, just HDMI, did you have the same issue?

Update: with iMac 19.1 in Catalina has the same issue, however with iMac 18,1, the DP's are working fine
The GPU I have has DVI and HDMI, which all work, so I can't verify for DP.

The GPU I have has DVI and HDMI, which all work, so I can't verify for DP.
I'll stick with 19.1 to do the upgrade to Sonoma, hopefully this week, and report back.
By the way, once in Sonoma, how could I change the system definition, if needed? I would guess that MultiBeast 12.3.0 - Catalina will no longer work in Sonoma...

I'll stick with 19.1 to do the upgrade to Sonoma, hopefully this week, and report back.
By the way, once in Sonoma, how could I change the system definition, if needed? I would guess that MultiBeast 12.3.0 - Catalina will no longer work in Sonoma...
I just use Clover Configurator. Not popular with the open core crowd, but is very handy.

There is a script for generating SMBOIS, I've never used it but it's mentioned often enough

just edit your config.plist, PlistEditpro or xcode will work

I just use Clover Configurator. Not popular with the open core crowd, but is very handy.

There is a script for generating SMBOIS, I've never used it but it's mentioned often enough
btw. does Clover bootloader generate itself a system configuration + serial to start with?

btw. does Clover bootloader generate itself a system configuration + serial to start with?
best to create your own

Is there a guide to upgrading from an existing system? I have only seen the guide to install Sonoma from scratch.
if you kexts and bootloader is up to date, then you could upgrade via the system

if you kexts and bootloader is up to date, then you could upgrade via the system
I will that way. Just want to be sure before proceeding.
Right now I am set to 19,1 in Catalina, and like I said, DP's out are not working, just HDMI's. If under Sonoma DP's won't work, will like to try to find out the proper system configuration to let all outputs working..

Back