Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Ignore Me
CPU
I'm Ignoring
Graphics
Forum Rules !!!
Hello!
Currently installing catalina on my nuc8i3beh with the guide from rehabman.
Created my usb stick, installed clover on it, efi is attached.
Bios is setup, and I am getting 2 error
"Runtime Error"
so i deleted EmuVariabile from driver64uefi and now i've bypassed it but getting
"apfs 1683 error"
so i tried to put inside ACPI/Patched the SDST-EC file, but getting the same error, so i remove it
What is wrong?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    9.8 MB · Views: 167
Please read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile - Just three items - Motherboard (or prebuilt system), Processor (CPU) and Graphics.

getting "apfs 1683 error"

Usually only happens when you are installing Catalina (not Mojave).
Search for 1683.

Please read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile - Just three items - Motherboard (or prebuilt system), Processor (CPU) and Graphics.

Usually only happens when you are installing Catalina (not Mojave).
Search for 1683.
Before opening the post i have searched and i ve found to install the sdst ec aml file on the patched folder as i wrote. No luck, it keeps getting me the same error.

If you are installing Catalina why are you posting in Mojave Desktop Support ?

If you are installing Catalina why are you posting in Mojave Desktop Support ?
Do you know if after the installer is completed on a NUC8I3, could i just take the SSD drive and move it to a NUC8I5 and work the same as the i3, or Do i have to install again to the i5NUC?

Hi,
I am new to Hackintosh and this forum (have used MacBooks for years, but wanted to try a NUC for running Logic Pro X)
I have installed clover v2.5k_r5101 on my Bootable USB Drive with Catalina.
When booting the Clover drive I have the wrong aspect ratio (looks like stretched 4:3), but when I then run the Catalina installer the computer hangs.

I see the stretched apple logo, and a progress bar initiates. Moves very slowly and stops (on black background)
In verbose mode I see that I get a lot of ACPI warnings and then it stops at

Apfs_module_start : 1683: Load: com.apple.filesystems.apfs, v1412.61.1

Thought it may be related to this thread, and what axel9546 experienced?
Does anyone have an idea about what is wrong?

Maybe there is a tailored EFI for NUC8i3 and Catalina that could be used?

edit: I then also tried to replace the config.plist to the one provided by tonymacx86 (attached). Screen resolution is OK now, but installer hangs at apple logo. In verbose mode installer hangs/or stops at ++++++++ (first row).
This experiment seems to be a dead end...

I'm attaching also my clover generated config.plist named configold.plist and the clover install log if that helps?

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.4 KB · Views: 104
  • configold.plist
    24.5 KB · Views: 89
  • Clover_Install_Log.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back