Contribute
Register

Catalina on Dell XPS 9500 (year 2020 model) (OpenCore)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@zachs78, I noticed in your Repo that you have onboard wifi and BT working - just wanted to confirm that? Waiting on my 9500 to be delivered this coming week!
Thanks to all of you for the work you are doing!

@mr2sweet There is a typo there on agpmod=vit9696 which should be agdpmod=vit9696 correct?

Did it work for you Tenshou? Also yes there is a typo in my reply. It should be agdpmod=vit9696.

Yeah BT is working fine

Thanks for sharing the hard work @zachs78!

At the cost of repeating, the inbuilt WiFi & BT card are working as intended? Including AirDrop, SideCar, etc.?

That would be so nice, the non-replaceable WiFi card was the only thing holding me back from switching my 9560 for the 9500.

Thanks for sharing your hard work ! @zachs78
Does it support Thunderbolt3 connection ? and TB16 Dell dock via Thunderbolt3?

@zachs78 thank you for an awesome setup - I got mine installed and migrated from my '15 MBP and its working great (other than a jumpy trackpad, but I'm sure that is covered in one of the threads and I haven't found it yet). @shushansh I can confirm that onboard wifi and BT BOTH WORK out of the box with his EFI.

@zachs78 thank you for an awesome setup - I got mine installed and migrated from my '15 MBP and its working great (other than a jumpy trackpad, but I'm sure that is covered in one of the threads and I haven't found it yet). @shushansh I can confirm that onboard wifi and BT BOTH WORK out of the box with his EI
For the trackpad to work perfectly you have to go system preferences> Trackpad uncheck "Force Click and haptic feedback" that's have I fixed my problem. What about the blacklight for the display? When I boot the blacklight is complete off and I can't see anything till I flash the screen with my phone flashlight after 5min it come on.

@zachs78 thanks for your hard work and sharing, I was able to install Catalina using your guide on github and everything seems to work pretty well (maybe except wifi speed but it's an OpenIntelWireless driver issue).
Could you tell me if you have weird fan speed behaviour on your side, mine all the time goes up and down, stop for a while and again spin up. CPU temperature is about 40-45c degree which is pretty low. It seems that this is only when working on battery or if ac power is connected and battery is 100% charged.
And also could you share some words about VoltageShift and Bios change for unlocking overclocking - what are You using it for? Once again thanks for you great work.

Last edited:
@zachs78 thank you for an awesome setup - I got mine installed and migrated from my '15 MBP and its working great (other than a jumpy trackpad, but I'm sure that is covered in one of the threads and I haven't found it yet). @shushansh I can confirm that onboard wifi and BT BOTH WORK out of the box with his EFI.
@m1sandman So WiFi and BT and fully functioning? I'm concerned about Airdrop, SideCar, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back