Contribute
Register

Catalina on Dell XPS 9500 (year 2020 model) (OpenCore)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea unfortunately i can't find anything on where to start in order to fix external display or i would try :(

To be honest, I wouldn't install a hackintosh if you're not familiar with all of these to begin with.
I guess you're right, but if I never start or try something, I will never enter this world of Hackintosh. Nevertheless, thank you for your work.

to get external gpu you need to set boot args agdpmod=vit9696 which disables the usb-c from using the dGPU for video.

Can you share your config.plist? Thank you

If I set boot args agdpmod=vit9696 and it disables the usb-c how do it I plug in the external monitor to the laptop?

Okay I added agdpmod=vit9696 to the boot args section and it works!!!! Thank you so much for your help. The internal display stays lit but not on if that makes sense. When I try to close the lid it turns off the external display also. Is there a way to turn off the internal display and be able to close the lid without it affecting the external display also?

It doesn't disable your usb-c, it disable your USB-C from access the GPU for video output, which then forces it to use the CPU for video out.

Okay I added agdpmod=vit9696 to the boot args section and it works!!!! Thank you so much for your help. The internal display stays lit but not on if that makes sense. When I try to close the lid it turns off the external display also. Is there a way to turn off the internal display and be able to close the lid without it affecting the external display also?
Can you upload a screenshot of where you added it? Mine isn’t working

It goes in the config.plist under the NVRAM>Add there are 3 entries under that with a bunch of letters and numbers (mine is the last entry) open each one till you find the one with boot args under it. Add a space after -igfxfw=2 and type the agpmod=vit9696. Once you add that with all the other boot args save and close the config.plist and reboot with your external monitor plugged in.

Thank you Mr2sweet

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back