Contribute
Register

Catalina is performing extremely slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right, irz. My scores after wake up drop drastically from CPU 843 to 562.
Initially, I realized my Catalina wasn't waking up, so I followed a post that suggested to disable the ports in BIOS. So I did and wake works not, however now it awakes to a very slow system.

Have you found any solution?

I am still experimenting problems with software that doesn't want to install, error at opening some software, slow downloads, very slow performance of Clover to find EFI partitions (keep loading for around 3 minutes).

To open new downloaded software use the right click then Open feature. Some software may not be compatible with Catalina yet but this method gets you past the security block on most apps.

Sleep is an issue that most Hackintoshers have a problem with. Most people don't use it and disable sleep in energy saving settings in system preferences.

if you want to try getting sleep to work there are few things associated with it. Clover halt enabler, cstates, pstates etc.. plus you may need to go to bios CPU/overclocking section to enable cstates, and wake from USB if using a usb keyboard.
Here is your config.plist with some added settings to test. place it in your clover folder and it should not replace the original (keep both). Use cursor arrows to go to Options then Config you can select it to boot from and if it doesn't work you can default to your original plist.

Attachments

• config-2.plist
    5.8 KB · Views: 64
Thanks both!

I thought on disabling sleep as a real option, it wouldn't really bother me not to have it. However, several issues remain unstable that really concerns me. To make a list:

- Downloading and installing the game WOW always give me a system error. So far I haven't been able to even open it.
- Opening Clover Configurator is a test to patience. Takes more than 3 minutes to find the disks that can be EFI mounted.
- When restart/shut down all software closes, but system doesn't shut down. Desktop picture remains on screen.
- Every time I start Catalina I have to re enter my Apple ID password because somehow it had logged me out of iCloud.

These are just random things, and I haven't been able to come to a conclusion of what can be wrong.
If anyone needs my problem reports they are in my second previous post. Had change nothing since then.

In the meantime I went back to Mojave and my old GTX 650 GPU, while I have time to investigate more.

Currently running version 10.15.4 (19E287)
OpenCore

I'm experiencing lags for the first 45s after the boot/ password typed.

Did anyone found a fix? I understood from people using RX580 they are not experiencing these issues.

Machine Specs:
CPU: i9 7980XE
MB:WS-X299-SAGE (base, not 10G)
GPU: 5700XT Sapphire Nitro
RAM: Corsair CMW128GX4M8C3200C16 RGB Pro 128GB (8 x 16GB) DDR4 3200 MHz C16 XMP
TB: GC-TITAN RIDGE (flashed fm50, working good)
NVME: 2X 500GB Evo 970 (1x for win 10, 1X for mac)
Blackmagic Mini 4k (HD &SDI)
6x 4TB HGTS (20Tb Raid)
OWC Express 4M2 Thunderbolt 3 (4X 2TB EVO 970)
Solarflare SFN5122F Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+

This machine is a video editing rig so I need it optimized to work properly.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    58.2 MB · Views: 133
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back