Contribute
Register

Catalina install on Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Mike,

Know this is an old thread but i am battling with random GPU freeze and seems like you have mastered the Gigabyte Z390 Arus Pro Wi-Fi. I have got mine working 98% on Mojave with the exception of these random GPU issue. I have the following:

Gigabyte Z390 Arus Pro Wi-Fi (latest bios version 12) updated (feb 2021)
Asus RX 580 (8gb)
i9 9900K 3.6ghz
Mojave 10.14.6 - iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019) - iMac19.1
Is Catalina a more stable option than Mojave, and would you be able to offer any advice before i ditch this board for a Z370 which i have a stable Mojave Hackintosh running? (i really want to give this z390 my best shot before throwing in the towel)

Many thanks in advance,
Keyzer

Hi. Please update your hardware profile with details of your setup. It will help others help you, and it's part of the site requirements. Thanks :thumbup:

Hi Mike,

Know this is an old thread but i am battling with random GPU freeze and seems like you have mastered the Gigabyte Z390 Arus Pro Wi-Fi. I have got mine working 98% on Mojave with the exception of these random GPU issue. I have the following:

Gigabyte Z390 Arus Pro Wi-Fi (latest bios version 12) updated (feb 2021)
Asus RX 580 (8gb)
i9 9900K 3.6ghz
Mojave 10.14.6 - iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019) - iMac19.1

Is Catalina a more stable option than Mojave, and would you be able to offer any advice before i ditch this board for a Z370 which i have a stable Mojave Hackintosh running? (i really want to give this z390 my best shot before throwing in the towel)

Many thanks in advance,
Keyzer

I remember experiencing this gpu freezes on clover and on older OS versions so yeah I’d give both Catalina and OC a try, I think sharing EFI zips is forbidden but try to follow those steps I highlighted on my previous comment, it’s really not hard to get your system on OC and it will be much more efficient in my opinion

cheers!!

I remember experiencing this gpu freezes on clover and on older OS versions so yeah I’d give both Catalina and OC a try, I think sharing EFI zips is forbidden but try to follow those steps I highlighted on my previous comment, it’s really not hard to get your system on OC and it will be much more efficient in my opinion

cheers!!
Hi Mike, thank you so much for your prompt reply, i forgot to mention i am actually on OC at the moment and system does seem to not freeze up when i disable IGPU (but as you know that brings other problems). So i may take your advice and just try a fresh install with OC & Catalina. Will report back here on the forum with my results if at all successfull.

Many thanks thus far for your advice,
Regards

cheers!!
Hi Mike,

Just wanted to say thanks and update you, upgraded to Catalina via OC .... still same problem, then started diagnosing logs and everything pointed to "gpuRestart" before the crashing / freezing. So i replaced the following gpu which i had

Asus Radeon RX 580 (8gb)

With

XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS XXX Edition OC 8 GB

Problem resolved ....

Sending the Asus card back as it is still new & under warranty.

Once again many thanks for your advice.

Regards, Keyzer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back