Contribute
Register

[ Case Mod ] Powertosh i5 / PowermacG5 H2O-cooled Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
you really are creative on this one. it's so nice that you have lots of time and place where you can do your mod.

Thank you :)

question: where are you going to place your HDDs/SSDs?

Well i planned to place them on bottom of the case in between radiator holder and psu, or at rear bottom of the case beneath water pump.

I plan to swap out this 120gb Intel 520 i have currently with 256GB + 1024GB Intel SSDs, as i will start building watercooled NAS in upcoming months. So all mech. drives are swapped out, and only moving parts remaining are water pump and 3 bionic eLoop fans ( which are dead silent in idle, and you can barely hear them in full load - cooling configuration is very efficient :) )

Thank you :)

Well i planned to place them on bottom of the case in between radiator holder and psu, or at rear bottom of the case beneath water pump.

I plan to swap out this 120gb Intel 520 i have currently with 256GB + 1024GB Intel SSDs, as i will start building watercooled NAS in upcoming months. So all mech. drives are swapped out, and only moving parts remaining are water pump and 3 bionic eLoop fans ( which are dead silent in idle, and you can barely hear them in full load - cooling configuration is very efficient :) )

that's literally COOL :D

can't wait to see your final build. mine is still Mark I coz I'm still planning to modify it in the future.

:thumbup:

Well, i can also call my case Mk1 :D as there is still room for improvements, and i plan to do them thru time :)

Wow, she's beautiful. I had a good chuckle - I used the same "transplant the rear IO plate from an old case" method just last week. Congrats on your new machine, very impressive.

-IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back