Gainward GTX 980
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
WCCor5c.jpg

So, i decided to finally put my hands on Powermac G5 case, and build my dream computer / cooling system.

And finally ! Few days ago, there it was, one ad got my attention, Powermac 7.3, with LCS, non functional ( LCS drained out all over the PPCs and PSU ), i was happy as hell :), instantly got on my e-mail and started communication with seller, i was keeping my savings for situations like this :D

Aaand in less than 36hours, here it is DHL knocked on my doors, yeeeeeeeeei :)

LCS was of course malfunctioned, but no worries my friends! Pump is still functional... Great deal, considering only pump would cost me much more than i paid for delivery + item.

So here it is, sweet little DDC guy :)

As i was talking with seller about our deal, i worked on 3d sketch for my project in the same time, and here it is.

Front

Back

Renders

My dream is to build as quiet as possible, yet well cooled and re-usable case / cooling system that will fit to any motherboard / gpu / cpu configuration in future.

So, what are these compartments inside of it ? Well, i had in mind to use only 3 fans to cool whole pc, and to achieve maximum airflow / cooling effect without any additional fans except these on water radiator.

So in this build i will go with fanless PSU, 3 x 120 NoiseBlocker Bionic eLoop fans on pwm and i will try to make thermal zones, so fans can speed up individually if there is a problem with temperature arise in one of the compartments without need to speed up another 2 fans. Apple Powermac case is perfect for build like this, as his perforated front and back side are ideal for vertical radiator placement and it will enable me to do what i want. Also i think that build quality is well known, this thing is built like a tank :D

* reserved *

-----------------------------------------

HW

* Other still unknown *
RAM: Avexir Core A Type
PSU: Silverstone Nightjar 520

LCS HW

Watercool HK CPU Rev. 3.0 LC
Watercool HEATKILLER® GPU-X3
EK-CoolStream PE 360 3 * 120 mm radiator ( 19FPI double fin )
Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Bionic
EK-XTOP DDC - Acetal (Original CSQ)
EK-DDC Heatsink Housing
Alphacool tubing AlphaTube black
Monsoon 13/10mm (ID 3/8" OD 1/2") white fittings
IceModz cable managment - white, black and grey sleeve combination

I decided to pull out all things from it, and leave the rest for tomorrow, but Battlefield 4 servers were swarmed with children that day, so i decided to take a closer look on LCS pump, and to see if that machinery is still working.

lymn7Cyl.jpg

Ewwwww :sick:

lah8tGMl.jpg

I had to clean that crap out :D

1ZwyTugl.jpg

pHgUMxzl.jpg
ouWe5G6l.jpg

What the heck? What kind of Laing pump is this ? Well, one with volumetric compensator :D

Ke2A3aPl.jpg
EZNEIY0l.jpg

85RvkCNl.jpg
ubyj4Egl.jpg

o6tEVVUl.jpg
MCBbxmQl.jpg

Crap that got stuck inside pump, some debris, rust and who know what... I actually found something that was similar to pineapple chunks ( i don't want to know what that is xD )

Uxrmxyul.jpg

Case is 90% cleaned out, i have to wait for my Dremel tool to arrive to continue work on it.

And for the end of that night, random workplace pic, i was 50hours awake because of some other projects / work, and that was all for this night. Time to sleep :D

ry738orl.jpg

Current status:

* Waiting for Dremel tool delivery
* Waiting for some cash to buy remaining parts
* Waiting for sponsors to arrange parts sponsorships ( Don't worry, i have this project 100% covered by myself, but sponsor are always welcome :) )

P.S. Sorry for grammar mistakes, English isn't my native language :eek:

Update:

So.. I've received packet from AquaTuning.de just few hours ago :)

iShi3eql.jpg
t8ZbNXkl.jpg

Phobya Nano Grease

tTfTvWxl.jpg

Phobya 2 component thermal glue / grease

jLFymi2l.jpg

AlphaCool VRAM heatsinks

SGtXuGgl.jpg

Watercool Heatkiller GPU X3 core

SPiN1H9l.jpg
heBftWcl.jpg

46TFd4el.jpg

Watercool Heatkiller CPU LC

vPRQCNpl.jpg
JMtCsXhl.jpg

E7xFqBtl.jpg

Monsoon fittings mounted on CPU block

QIniwfZl.jpg

Monsoon fittings mounted on GPU block

MbHmzB7l.jpg

I had to put tubing, to see how this will look :D ( Alphacool 10/13 Black UV )

muC0fSWl.jpg

+

Got update from EK Waterblocks, they shipped packet to Croatia, I should get it tomorrow by end of the day ( CoolStream PE 360, RES X2 - 100 Basic, XTOP DDC - Acetal (Original CSQ) )

And I'am still waiting on confirmation from Dremel ( Dremel 4200 ) ; SilverStone / XFX / SeaSonic ( Fanless PSU ) on parts sponsorship.

:D

Update:

Got parts from EKw

5I7ggGul.jpg

bdYuA6Pl.jpg

I've decided to install res, as this will make process of filling much easier

icFFdVul.jpg

rLllAISl.jpg

Double fin radiator :)

S9wfAX1l.jpg

2oHLb3Vl.jpg
UYz3rXOl.jpg

4ydplbvl.jpg
ocVKpfel.jpg

Case is dismantled and got shower room treatment for stain and oil removal. I used this opportunity to see how components will look inside of it, and also to try their placement on planned spots.

Zk4fR28l.jpg
P3wiGVrl.jpg
2tYky1gl.jpg

gNmEdbzl.jpg
TU8aY0Rl.jpg
xDRetoPl.jpg

Remember that case from the beginning, when i took DDC apart to clean it off, well, after closer look i saw that mbo tray is removable, so my current case won't be sacrificed as much as it needed to be.

4TpXAwtl.jpg

Also original holes and mount will be used to fix in place some of components like psu and radiator

QmYoCWfl.jpg
ct3dvSTl.jpg
eJNCeZsl.jpg

I'll put diy mounting system in here, so i won't have problems later to dismantle something if needed.

cXkttwYl.jpg
ggeRn50l.jpg
3kvZDgBl.jpg

Here we go, some minor updates.

Today i had in plan only to mount some heatsinks on VGA card.

1WR1rBgl.jpg

But DHL courier surprised me with Dremel tool, so i had to test it out :)

First thing to do was: cutting out excess material from optics cover, so i can fit it in and connect to the rest of the case with epoxy.

sHrz2wyl.jpg

It isn't perfect cut, but enough for epoxy treatment. Piece is finished and ready for stage 2.

3uXPJokl.jpg
FJsRTv2l.jpg
ovRyWm8l.jpg

MBO tray shared very same destiny as optics cover. I had to cut out excess material for fitting it inside the case.

vj2YRRtl.jpg
TVD3qaEl.jpg
gFk0yF0l.jpg

After all, i've decided to use Chieftec's side panel, and put it to good use in this mod.

phjmrxAl.jpg
LJrXCFOl.jpg

dfWH8Awl.jpg
Oo8LQZSl.jpg
nRno7q2l.jpg

Radiator mount is finished, i need to cut out middle part and some holes to hold everything in place.

Next to do: Cutting out back side for new IO panel.

Stay tuned ! :)

Radiator holder is finished :) I still need to take the old paint off and prepare it for paintjob + drill holes for radiator mount + glue some L holders with epoxy.

i5co1iLl.jpg

S9if9LZl.jpg

zaG3viMl.jpg

So.. :) I've decided to do some minor work today to put this tool to good use.

Radiator panel holders have been cutted out from old psu case:

wpwGWhul.jpg
OCUshzhl.jpg

1mgC7ttl.jpg
0w08Bxnl.jpg

9ENZ2ual.jpg

Few pictures of planned fixation to the panel:

yLKO4dSl.jpg
BWRyMOLl.jpg
DnnwGEWl.jpg

I also cutted out honeycomb mesh to use it in this project, i still don't know where this will be placed, and how; but i'am considering placing it somewhere near the pump, or to use it at top radiator panel mounting points.

qEKzijFl.jpg
gKioVPyl.jpg

Another day, another worklog update :) I was cutting out IO bracket from Chieftec ( pain in the ass #1 ) and a backplate hole for IO bracket on Powermac's case ( pain in the ass #2 )

Iet the pictures talk for themselves:

yaHwZxTl.jpg
Aq00LkVl.jpg
uC3v6srl.jpg

9RzHyUql.jpg
J2YQoAql.jpg

IO bracket separated

c59Z4EVl.jpg
uNAbJ6Il.jpg
XH3LjAPl.jpg

Pre-cutting measuring

nJHR06sl.jpg
BCBe4Sdl.jpg

Done! :)

uPPSjxZl.jpg
gMDmjWnl.jpg

On this one you can see true power of Dremel tool if used correctly

YkmbGCHl.jpg

I've just got some presents from Conrad.de :)

Jmqd9wdl.jpg

Epoxy glue doesn't really have 10 minutes of hardening time, i can say that it is more like 60 minutes ( But hey, this is good, right? :) There is more time frame for possible error corrections and alignment of parts )

Pump is sealed :)

Before:

GPR8JBul.jpg

After:

tAUhgXfl.jpg

I've filled holes from the original mbo holders and various mounts, also i fitted front plate into opti bay.

ULW0svQl.jpg

HoI5Iugl.jpg

6rGpyz8l.jpg

i7IaTD4l.jpg

I left this overnight, so epoxy can harden properly.

Few pictures from today:

4DCyTNsl.jpg

BJYE4xPl.jpg

Excess epoxy was trimmed off with sanding Dremel bit ( at lowest speed )

eOWrsXdl.jpg

nagkn0bl.jpg

Also i started to drill holes on optibay plate, work is currently in progress :)

eZcthcbl.jpg

MANO1WEl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back