Contribute
Register

Can't update to the new iWork

Status
Not open for further replies.
My result wit vmware was great (except for imovie v10...so is still on v9.0.9) For iwork I'd installed it to VM from DVD '09 opened one of them to register and then open the mac app store, the updates appear available and working with my apple id, also appear at purchases, then I could install them on mac withour anything preinstalled DVD. Same thing was with aperture 3 DVD, was upgraded with same method, first on VM and then to mac, since it is on my purcahses now, could be clean installed.
With ilife I've installed from dvd on both (mac and VM) upgrade worked for garageband and iphoto, not for imovie as I previously mention due to VM graphics limitation and also had garageband free for download separately, iphoto went great and also apperar on my purchases page, and imovie dont, thats why it doesnt accept my apple id to upgrade...so for now 6 of 7 were succesful!!!
to update imovie, I'm thinking to convert the VMware image to parallels 9 (that could solve the vmware video issue), would that be possible? I couldnt install ML or Mavericks to parallels9 :beachball::banghead::beachball::banghead::beachball:

Yes, some help installing Clover would be appreciated. I tried myself, but when I boot from the USB drive with Clover on it, I just get a flashing DOS prompt.

Thanks!
It takes a quite a while (30 secs to even over 1 minute) to prepare if you're not using UEFI bios supported motherboard.

How to update iMovie :)

I found a way to update iMovie :)

Step 1: follow the advice given in the post #10 to create a Mavericks VM in VMWare.
Step 2: install VMtools, turn the VM off and then change the display setting: set 3D accelerator ON.
Step 3: follow the same advice as in post #10 to install the trial or your legitimate DVD/app of iWork and iLife on your VM - do not run any program!
Step 4: install this driver on your VM: vmsvga2
Step 5: change the resolution to scaled and pick a high one (I used the 2360 - wiggle the window to have vmtools auto adjust the resolution on the host)
Step 6: click update on the iMovie icon in App Store, and your download should continue.
Step 7: In your App Store account you should now find iMovie that you can download on other machines.

Step 1: follow the advice given in the post #10 to create a Mavericks VM in VMWare.
Step 2: install VMtools, turn the VM off and then change the display setting: set 3D accelerator ON.
Step 3: follow the same advice as in post #10 to install the trial or your legitimate DVD/app of iWork and iLife on your VM - do not run any program!
Step 5: change the resolution to scaled and pick a high one (I used the 2360 - wiggle the window to have vmtools auto adjust the resolution on the host)
Step 6: click update on the iMovie icon in App Store, and your download should continue.
Step 7: In your App Store account you should now find iMovie that you can download on other machines.

It is good to know, but as long as it even tries to update iMovie, it will associate it with your account as purchased. That was the goal of this exercise - to become owner. When you own it -you can install it anywhere you want.

I can confirm the VMWare method works like a charm. Just a huge PITA. Interestingly, GarageBand was the only app I didn't have to do this for. The App Store gave me the option to install next to my GarageBand '11 install. Odd.

You may want to hold on to your old one, because of new one make a little mess when converting old projects...

It seems like when you select software loop it could not match it with original instrument. Yet, it plays it correctly in loop browser. Old one works fine. Also, new GB has option to purchase additional content ($4.99), may be it will fix this issue.

Installing Clover was the only thing that worked for me. I used this video guide:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YBin6HRnKc

I changed a few settings using the 'Clover Configurator' app but I wasn't really sure what I was doing so I left most of it alone. Wasn't even expecting it to boot but somehow it did and then I loaded the App Store, thinking I'd get the same error (This update is for an app downloaded with a different Apple ID). But lo and behold I was greeted with: "These apps will be associated with your apple ID, giving you access to future updates..."

Now they all show up under the Purchases tab when I boot back in to Chameleon.

This worked perfectly for me. Thank you, sir!

I'm stuck at step 4 and 5... safari crashes when after I install the vmsvga2 kexts and appstore shows nothing, only the number of updates I have but nothing in it at any window...weird...
restart reinstalling from scratch...
by the way, when I change to 3d says that acceleration is not suported for the guest operating system...

Installing Clover was the only thing that worked for me. I used this video guide:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YBin6HRnKc

I changed a few settings using the 'Clover Configurator' app but I wasn't really sure what I was doing so I left most of it alone. Wasn't even expecting it to boot but somehow it did and then I loaded the App Store, thinking I'd get the same error (This update is for an app downloaded with a different Apple ID). But lo and behold I was greeted with: "These apps will be associated with your apple ID, giving you access to future updates..."

Now they all show up under the Purchased tab when I boot back in to Chameleon.

Thanks my dude, I tried everything and nothing else was working... I screwed up the VM install.. and this was easy thanks to your video, I dont know what language the clover video is in but it worked on the first try....

This worked for me, however you have linked to the 10.6 - 10.8 version of VMsvga2 instead of the 10.9 Maverick version. The 10.6-10.8 stuffed my App Store and Safari (was all I tried before I realized it was the wrong one). Here is the the 10.9 version which got it working.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/vmsvga2/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back