Contribute
Register

Can't update to the new iWork

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if you don't buy a new computer? I didn't know that.

I can also confirm that setting up a VM worked for all but iMovies.
Also, you don't need to have a 10.8 VM to begin with.
I created a brand new VM with OSX Mavericks from the App Store, then installed both iWork and iLife.
Everything worked out of the box and after install finished, the updates became available for free.
On my Brix Hackintosh, I could then download all as well (minus iMovie).

The virtual machine loop did the trick, I appreciate the info. Like the others iMovie was not updated since the graphics in the VM does not meet the requirements. Any loophole for this would be appreciated.

thanks for the vmware trick. you can't install iMovie in vmware because the hardware requirements are not fulfilled. but you start the updates and cancel them after some MB.

after that start app store on normal OS and iMovie is also updating, when you have a good card in your hackintosh. i have 660 ti and every app is updating :)

Hmm. it seems to be a way to add more graphics memory to vm, but i don't seem to make it to work.
You suggest to start the software update on the vm, stop it, than get on the hack and continue.

this is the vm thing, maybe one of you is betten at this than me:

get to your vm disk, right click, show packege files, find the .vmx and edit in textedit.
For 266mb we need to add 268435456

Add this line to the .vmx file:

svga.vramSize = value_in_bytes

where value_in_bytes is the desired memory size in bytes

Note: To convert MB to bytes, multiply the number of MB by 1048576 (the number of bytes in a MB).
For example, to reduce the video memory to 64 MB, add this line to the .vmx file:

svga.vramSize = 67108864

Note: The vRAM assigned by Fusion does not equal the size of the video RAM available to the guest. The guest's video RAM is limited by the amount of vRAM in the Mac's graphics card and the maximum of the guest operating system. Windows XP has a maximum of 128 MB, whereas Windows Vista and 7 have a maximum of 256 MB.

Hi,

You can update those apps directly using your hackintosh. Just boot with Clover (it's not as complicated as it seems), it works. This way iMovie will update well, as well as the other apps, Aperture, iWork, iLife.

Regards

Hmm. it seems to be a way to add more graphics memory to vm, but i don't seem to make it to work.
You suggest to start the software update on the vm, stop it, than get on the hack and continue.

this is the vm thing, maybe one of you is betten at this than me:

get to your vm disk, right click, show packege files, find the .vmx and edit in textedit.
For 266mb we need to add 268435456

Add this line to the .vmx file:

svga.vramSize = value_in_bytes

where value_in_bytes is the desired memory size in bytes

Note: To convert MB to bytes, multiply the number of MB by 1048576 (the number of bytes in a MB).
For example, to reduce the video memory to 64 MB, add this line to the .vmx file:

svga.vramSize = 67108864

Note: The vRAM assigned by Fusion does not equal the size of the video RAM available to the guest. The guest's video RAM is limited by the amount of vRAM in the Mac's graphics card and the maximum of the guest operating system. Windows XP has a maximum of 128 MB, whereas Windows Vista and 7 have a maximum of 256 MB.

Thank you for the effort but unfortunately this does not work at all. :/

Hi,

You can update those apps directly using your hackintosh. Just boot with Clover (it's not as complicated as it seems), it works. This way iMovie will update well, as well as the other apps, Aperture, iWork, iLife.

Regards

This worked for me to get iMovie updated. Took a couple tries to get my setup to boot with Clover, but once it did I was able to update iMovie from the MAS.

All other apps updated fine via the VMWare Fusion method.

Hi,

Regards

Can you guide us how we do that?

Hi,

Regards
Yes, some help installing Clover would be appreciated. I tried myself, but when I boot from the USB drive with Clover on it, I just get a flashing DOS prompt.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back