Contribute
Register

Can't play videos, and no sound. (Gigabyte h97n, 280X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant for the audio driver list. There are 2 sections, one that is headed 'With DSDT' and another 'Without DSDT'......

It seems like I don't have that list.

Screen Shot 2014-05-29 at 03.33.50.png

It seems like I don't have that list.

View attachment 94288

Oh I see, you are using the new Multibeast 6.3 ? Ive not used that version yet as its quite a new release.

If you have a look here, it gives a good explanation of how the audio setup is done in the new version.

Hi everyone!
I have successfully installed both Mavericks and Windows 7 on my hackontosh.
But I have two problems.
Sincerly Henrik

Hi there,

Sorry to hijack the thread a little, but,... do you say you installed OS X on a H97N board without mayor problems?

Could you get to the installer without using -x (safe boot). Did you boot the system with integrated graphics (IGPU) or a dedicated GPU? I (and others) are having difficulty installing OS X on this board using only the IGPU. If you could clarify some things for us etc. that would be great. For example your exact 'procedure' or boot flags you used etc.

Hi there,

Sorry to hijack the thread a little, but,... do you say you installed OS X on a H97N board without mayor problems?

Could you get to the installer without using -x (safe boot). Did you boot the system with integrated graphics (IGPU) or a dedicated GPU? I (and others) are having difficulty installing OS X on this board using only the IGPU. If you could clarify some things for us etc. that would be great. For example your exact 'procedure' or boot flags you used etc.

You're right, you shouldn't hijack threads from other users, even just a little bit. You may find other people do it to you in the future. Its not great forum etiquette.

However, to get you thinking in the right direction for your issue, ponder this:

If I was starting a new install on that board I would go down the standard Unibeast/Multibeast method and start with the following reasonably safe boot flags (Remember boot flags can vary from one machine to another) :

-v GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=0D220003

That assumes HD4600 but no discrete GPU of course. And because you have done your research in the forums, you will know that if you have a discrete GPU then the graphics flags become almost reversed. So there would be no need for the IGPlatformID and the IGPEnabler would be set to No instead of Yes; and so you would consider setting GraphicsEnabler to Yes if your GPU needed a little help or leave that set to No as well if you have a GPU that works OOB.

And if it didnt work I would look at adding either PCIRootUID=0 or PCIRootUID=1

If it failed on memory allocation errors/0xdeadbeef warnings, I would add the maxmem boot flag in the format of :

maxmem=xxxx

Where xxxx is equal to the capacity of a single stick of the ram installed on the machine i.e 4096 for 4Gb sticks, 8192 for 8Gb sticks, and so on.

I would also consider removing all but 2 or even 1 of the ram sticks, just for the purpose of installing.

And if it didnt work I would probably start a new thread of my own in the support section too.

Thats if I was doing it.

Yeah.

Just sayin.....

:thumbup:

Hi there,

Yes, apart from this audio issue everything went perfect. I had some issues with the second boot when you are supposed so choose country, time etc. But after i switched the USB memory to a USB 2.0 port and chose do disable the 280X during boot everything went on smoothly. I did not do any changes like using -x or other flags.

WonkeDonkey: I read the link you posted, and I have downloaded the older version of MultiBeast. Now, i guess that I am gonna want to use the non DSDT version, correct?

Sincerely Henrik

Yes, apart from this audio issue everything went perfect. I had some issues with the second boot when you are supposed so choose country, time etc. But after i switched the USB memory to a USB 2.0 port and chose do disable the 280X during boot everything went on smoothly. I did not do any changes like using -x or other flags.

WonkeDonkey: I read the link you posted, and I have downloaded the older version of MultiBeast. Now, i guess that I am gonna want to use the non DSDT version, correct?

Sincerely Henrik

The DSDT/Non-DSDT option is the one that existed in the audio section of Multibeast. That has now been removed in the latest version.

The DSDT-Free option I think you refer to is on the first tab, which is a different option altogether. But in general, the DSDT free option works for most systems yep.

Regarding the 280X, I think if you want it fully working and visible immiedately when you boot, then you would follow the guide to install the bootloader and /Extra folder to the EFI partition if you have not done that already. It makes those cards play nice.

:thumbup:

Well one could well be related to the other. To play a video implies that sound is available but of course you have no sound device installed yet. Do you have desktop acceleration ? (Ripple effect, smooth transition when opening notification sidebar at the right, smooth movement of pieces in chess game) ?

Hi there !

I believe this will not be an hijacked to your post :

- I use the same motherboard H97N-Wifi
- I have GTX 650 graphic card

Have also the problem with playing video : first image is showing but impossible to launch the video, no sound as well.
In iTunes I can't launch music as well. If I try to play using Airport (to AppleTV) it works then.

I use Multibeast 6.2 and :
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Without DSDT > ALC892

I don't think QE/CI is working because I can't see the ripples effect when adding a widget in dashboard.

So maybe not only coming from audio ?

EDIT

I don't know if this info is valuable but :

When you plug an earphone in the sound plug, I can see in the Preference Panel the Output is changing automatically from :

Internal speaker / Earphone

It seems the system is recognizing the sound card (?), is possible that the issue is coming from graphics and affects the sound (media) playing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back